Thread: How to add Kindle to Wireless Network

How to add Kindle to Wireless Network

I have recently bought a Kindle and when I am trying to connect it to my home network then it is asking for a network password and when I am entering the WEP pass phrase the Kindle is rejecting the same and it says that the password is wrong, I am not very sure regarding what I have to enter for the network password, in my case I am having a WPN824v2 router is there anyone who has tried out the same and has an idea about it.

Re: How to add Kindle to Wireless Network

I have recently bought a Kindle and when I am trying to connect it to my home network then it is asking for a network password and when I am entering the WEP pass phrase the Kindle is rejecting the same and it says that the password is wrong, I am not very sure regarding what I have to enter for the network password, in my case I am having a WPN824v2 router is there anyone who has tried out the same and has an idea about it.
    I think that I can help you out here as I have done the same last week, just follow the below solution:
    • You will have to install latest update from kindle first.
    • After that you will have to rename the wireless network but then make sure that the name is 10 or less letters.
    • When you are done with the same then you can either enter 8 letters for the password or no password.

Just try out the same and then let me know if it is helping you out as well or not.

I think that I have a better solution for it, I mean that just try out B&G mode and WPA or WPA2 for connecting the Kindle to the Wireless Network and then you won’t be facing any such issues. Just try out the same and then post back the result that you get.

I am not aware of the above solutions but then I was having the same situation previously where the password was just not getting recognized by the router, later after trying out a no of solutions I contacted the Amazon tech support and then they suggested me to first depower the router and then repower the router after 30 seconds and then re-start Kindle, I followed the same in the sequence they had suggested and it had worked out for me, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you out or not. Best of luck.

I have by now tried out the below solution but then they have not yet helped.
    • I have tried out the depower router method that has been suggested above but then the router is still not recognizing the network password.
    • I have also downloaded the Kindle upgrade (3.0.3) and now I am not able to login to the router for renaming the network.

It has been using default admin/password set-up but now it is not working, is there anything that I can do about the same. I don’t have much idea about the "B&G mode" can you explain the same in detail. Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.