Thread: Netgear WN802Tv2 got bricked after a firmware upgrade failure

Netgear WN802Tv2 got bricked after a firmware upgrade failure

I have bought Netgear WN802Tv2 and was trying to upgrade the firmware and as it was taking a long time I thought the process might have been completed and the GUI is not showing it as being finished and so I went to the main load again, now when I am trying to write the IP of the AP in my browser then I am getting the below error message:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function defined () in /home/www/include/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 3
    In my case I am having a wired connection, so is there any workaround that I can try out to get it working???

Re: Netgear WN802Tv2 got bricked after a firmware upgrade failure

I just wanted to know if you have tried out making a factory reset if not then try out the same and if you have already tried it out and it has not helped you, then I want to know if something weird happen during the download process, something like dropping power? There are possibilities that the firmware might have got corrupted during the download, have you checked out if any led is on??? Have you tried out using the Reset button??

The led’s are appearing to be functional but then the Reset button is not helping out, I mean that when I am pressing the Reset button then the LEDs function like they used to by going out and then changing to amber, the status shows as if it is sending the packets when I am trying to access it, I think that only the GUI has been broken, is there anything that I can do about the same, any further help for this will be highly appreciated.

I will suggest you to check out the steps that have been mentioned in the below article and see if they are helping:
    WNR834B Router will not work, and Power LED blinks green, then amber
    Let me know if it is solving out the issue??

Thanks for your interest, I have followed the instruction that has been mentioned above but then I am not able to get the tftp access to it when it's operating/on, I just wanted to know, Like the routers have the ability to reinstall the firmware by tftp?? Does the AP's are capable of doing the same somehow? I am just asking so because I feel that the WN802T's does not, what do you think about the same??