Thread: Need firmware for Netgear GS724TP switch

Need firmware for Netgear GS724TP switch

I have been using Netgear GS724TP switch and it is having firmware version 1.0.0.22 and I have recently upgrade directly to 5.0.0.14 using the v1.0.0.inter.ros but then doing so has bricked the switch, I have checked out the documentation and it says "The boot code of the switch MUST be updated to version v1.0.0.5 before firmware can be upgraded to v3.0.6.1 or above." And the same applies to me as well but then I am not able to find out firmware v1.0.0.5. is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Need firmware for Netgear GS724TP switch

I have been using Netgear GS724TP switch and it is having firmware version 1.0.0.22 and I have recently upgrade directly to 5.0.0.14 using the v1.0.0.inter.ros but then doing so has bricked the switch, I have checked out the documentation and it says "The boot code of the switch MUST be updated to version v1.0.0.5 before firmware can be upgraded to v3.0.6.1 or above." And the same applies to me as well but then I am not able to find out firmware v1.0.0.5. is there anyone who can help me out??
    As far as "The boot code of the switch MUST be updated to version v1.0.0.5 before firmware can be upgraded to v3.0.6.1 or above." Is concerned just check out the below drivers and see if it is helping.

Just try out the same and then let me know if you are able to install the same or not.

I have already check out the “GS724TP, GS748TP Switch Firmware Version 5.0.0.14” but then now I have tried out the “GS724TP, GS748TP Switch Firmware Version 3.0.6.1” as well but then the 3.0.3 I is searching for a file GS700TP-boot_V1.0.0.5.rfb, which seems to be the boot code version as it was mentioned in the link, anyways when I tried updating the same then I got an error message saying "Illegal image file" so I don’t think that it will be working out for me, so I again wanted to know if anyone can help me out with image file v1.0.0.5.ros.??? any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

Even I need help regarding the same, as I am having the same issue, in my case I am having a stack of 5 GS748TS and it was running on a old 1.x firmware ad I am not able to flash them to 3.x or higher without the "boot code" is there anyone who has an idea about the same, I just add that the boot code of the device is said to be updated to version V1.0.1.5 before updating the firmware to V5.x.x.x or above, so I just wanted to know to know what are my options??? Can anyone help me???

I have checked out for the same and have found a workaround for you, just try out the below solution as it is:
    • First just download the 3.x firmware from the below link:
    • After downloading it flash the same using smartwizard discovery tool and then reset the switch.
    • When you are done with the above then get the latest 5.x firmware from the below link:
    • After downloading it just open the zip file and check out for the boot file and then use a tftp software and then just upload the boot file to the switch and then reboot switch.
    • Now after this just flash the switch with the 301interm firmware and then again reboot the switch.
    • When you are done with it then again flash the switch with the 5.x firmware and you are done.

Just try out the same and then post back the result that you get.

Is there anyone who can help me out as well, in my case I am upgraded my FS728TP to the firmware 5.0.0.7 which is said to be the latest and have updated it before updating the boot file but then it had bricked the switch, so I just wanted if there is a workaround by which I can get the switch working again??? Or I will have to better send it for replacement?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I have tried to follow the solution that has been mentioned here in the first post but then when I am checking out in the Firmware > File Management > File Download, I am just able to see the empty boxes for the below:
    Firmware Download to Switch
    Server IP Address
    Source File Name
    Destination File Name

So here I just wanted to know that what will I have to do to get version 1.0.0.5???