Thread: not getting internet connection with netgear wn3000p

not getting internet connection with netgear wn3000p

Hi friends I have bought netgear wn3000p wifi extender and after that I have done all necessary setting with my Linksys router and extender. After doing all the things also I am not getting internet connection. How to fix this problem? any help will be appreciated.

Re: not getting internet connection with netgear wn3000p

Does your WIFI router successfully connects with the extender? If it connects with the WIFI router successfully then may be in your connection IP is from FWG. According to me you should try public DNS and thenc check whether it makes any difference or not?

You should check your netgear wn3000p extender with different WIFI network and then check whether same problem is occurring or not? If you don’t face same problem after that connecting your netgear wn3000p with different wireless network then problem is with your router and if same problem occurs then problem is with the extender.

To solve this problem you have to change the network mode to mix mode and then apply that setting. Now after doing that you have to check whether you are experiencing same problem or not? According to me after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

To change the network mode for your router you have to go to router configuration page and after opening the configuration page you have to select Wireless tab. After that you have to select basic wireless setting. Now select mixed wireless mode from there and after selecting mixed wireless mode you have to save that setting and restart your router.

As far as I know this solution will fix this problem.

I have tried extender with other wireless network and it worked fine. I have also changed the network mode to mix mode. But after changing the network mode also I was experiencing same problem. Resetting the router does not helped me to solve this problem.

You have mentioned that after trying above solution you are facing same problem and that is why I would like to suggest you that you should disable MAC address filter in on your router and after disabling the MAC address filter you have to set DNS of your ISP on your computer. now restart the router and then check whether you are able to get internet connection or not? I am suggesting you this solution because was also facing similar issue while setting up wireless extender and then I have tried this trick and my problem get solved.

I would like to tell you that you should update firmware of your Router and after updating the Firmware you have to check whether you are able to get internet connection after connecting router with netgear wn3000p wifi extender. Many times updating firmware solve this type of problem.

markjustine Guest

First, check that are you receiving Internet radio type 802 or not.?
    i had to change the network mode to "Mixed", after that it could worked.