Thread: Not able to connect to secured wireless networks with HP ProBook 4530s having Atheros AR9285 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Not able to connect to secured wireless networks with HP ProBook 4530s having Atheros AR9285 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter

I own HP ProBook 4530s and it is running on Windows 7 Professional 64bit and the problem that I am facing is that I am not bake to connect to the secured wireless networks with the Atheros AR9285 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter that it is having, in my case when I am trying to connect to the WPA-PSK, WPA2 network then the connection just fails, one thing I have noticed is that there is no SSID of network there while connecting, is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Not able to connect to secured wireless networks with HP ProBook 4530s having Atheros AR9285 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter

I own HP ProBook 4530s and it is running on Windows 7 Professional 64bit and the problem that I am facing is that I am not bake to connect to the secured wireless networks with the Atheros AR9285 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter that it is having, in my case when I am trying to connect to the WPA-PSK, WPA2 network then the connection just fails, one thing I have noticed is that there is no SSID of network there while connecting, is there anyone who can help me out??
    I just wanted to know if you have tried out the basic solutions like resetting the router or reinstalling the drivers for your device to find out if they are helping, if not then try out the same and then let me know what you get, other than this also let me know the solutions that you have tried so far, so that I don’t suggest you the same, first post back the result of the solution that I have suggested.

Re: Not able to connect to secured wireless networks with HP ProBook 4530s having Atheros AR9285 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter

By now I have tried out the below solution:
    • Resetting the router settings.
    • Reinstalling the device driver for the hp and the atheros site.
    • Changing firewall setting and even turning it off.

These solutions have not helped me out, the only solution that has helped was changing the security of my wireless network to public but then I don’t want to do the same. Is there anything else that I can try out???

I am not very sure but then if you want then you can try out the driver that has been mentioned in the below thread by Captain Samuel Salt
    Atheros WLAN Driver for those who are not able to connect to internet with Routers like Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, etc.
    I also wanted to add that just save the installer package first and then go in to the Device Manager and then uninstall the drivers that you are having currently and then running the downloaded installer, make sure that you are reboot the machine after the installation is complete. Just try it out and then post back the result that you get.

I have tried out the driver that has been mentioned there but then it did not helped, the only difference it made now is adding the below devices having #2 and #3:

Just wanted to know if I should uninstall them as they have not helped???

I was having the same issue and I was trying out the solution that has been mentioned above and other than this I had also updated the drivers and BIOS and even they had not helped, later I tried updating the firmware in my Netgear Prosafe WG-103 to latest version and then the issue get solved, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping.