Thread: Wireless Button not working in HP Pavilion dv9428nr Notebook PC

Wireless Button not working in HP Pavilion dv9428nr Notebook PC

I have been using HP Pavilion dv9428nr Notebook PC and things were working fine but then I don’t know what went wrong with it and I have found that the Wireless button that used to stay blue = on and orange = off is now staying orange even if I am sliding back and forth to turn it on, I have tried to solve out the issue with the on-line troubleshooting but then it has not helped, so is there anyone who has faced the same or has an idea in solving this issue out??

Re: Wireless Button not working in HP Pavilion dv9428nr Notebook PC

I have been using HP Pavilion dv9428nr Notebook PC and things were working fine but then I don’t know what went wrong with it and I have found that the Wireless button that used to stay blue = on and orange = off is now staying orange even if I am sliding back and forth to turn it on, I have tried to solve out the issue with the on-line troubleshooting but then it has not helped, so is there anyone who has faced the same or has an idea in solving this issue out??
    I think that I can help you out here, I has faced the same issue previously but then was able to solve it out by downloading hp wireless assistant, so if you want then you can try out the same, just download it to some other computer and then transfer the same to your computer using usb or a hard driver, if you want then you can also burn it to a cd and then load it in to your Notebook, try out the same and then let me know if the issue is getting solved or not.

I am not aware of the above solution but then if you want to try out a simple workaround then you can first turn of the system and then take out the battery and insert it again after waiting for 30 seconds and then turn it on again and after the system loads just gently touch the amber key to turn it on, I have done the same when the amber light used to stay orange. Just try it out first and then post back the result that you get for this solution.

I have downloaded and installed HP Wireless Assistant but then it is just giving me a message saying that the wireless was disabled and there is a need to press the button, which I have already tried out several times, so the HP Wireless Assistant really did not helped, other than this I have tried out the second solution that has been mentioned here as well but then even it did not made any difference, is there anything else that I can try out to get it working??? I am not able to connect to the Intranet wirelessly because of this issue, is there any effective solution that I can try out to solve this??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I have been checking out for the same and I have found the below two solutions mentioned to be solving out the amber light issue:
    • Updating the BIOS on the laptop using HP's latest BIOS flash utility and making sure that it is updated to the version F.37 and then rebooting the machine.
    • Reinstalling the factory drivers for Wireless Adapters from the Recovery Manager, in order to do so one can try out reinstalling the Hardware Drivers or reinstalling the QuickLauch Drivers.

Just try out the same and then let me know which possible solution is helping you out.

I was having the same issue and the HP Wireless Assistance had helped me out, if you want then you can also follow the below steps:
    • First just open the HP Wireless Assistant and then select the "Properties" setting now this will further open a "Settings" dialog box.
    • Now just check mark the "Independent Controls for installed wireless devices” and then click on apply.
    • This will further add and "Action" field in HP Wireless Assistant, so just Select "Turn On" in the Action field and after that the ambient light should be fine.
    • Hope that helps.