Thread: Atheros WLAN Driver for those who are not able to connect to internet with Routers like Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, etc.

Atheros WLAN Driver for those who are not able to connect to internet with Routers like Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, etc.

I am starting this thread for those who have been facing issue in connecting to the internet with Routers like Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, etc and have the Atheros adapters, anyone having the below Atheros adapters can try out the below driver if they are not bale top connect to the internet using WPA2-Personal security:

re: Atheros WLAN Driver for those who are not able to connect to internet with Routers like Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, etc.

Hey thanks for the same, I just wanted to add that I have been facing connection issue with the Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter and Netgear Wireless-N Router WNR2000 so will the above driver help me out as well???

re: Atheros WLAN Driver for those who are not able to connect to internet with Routers like Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, etc.

I think that you have not yet check out the download link, I mean that it has been mentioned out there that it supports all Windows operating systems 32 or 64 bit and the below adapters:
    • Atheros AR5006 802.11a/b/g WiFi Adapter
    • Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter
    • Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter
    • Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
    • Atheros AR9380 802.11 a/g/n WiFi Adapter
    • Atheros AR9382 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter
    • Atheros AR9485 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter

I did checked out the above download link but then it was just displaying the supported adapters as you have mentioned above but then not the specific router with the model number, anyway I have downloaded the driver and have followed the instruction of putting the files into C:\SWSetup/SP52131 but after clicking on the Setup file when I am choosing the modify option from the modify or remove, I am still not able to get the internet working as previously, is there anything else that I can do now???

Even I need some help regarding the same, I mean that I am having a HP ProBook 4420s Notebook PC and I am having the same issue, in my case I am able to connect to the internet but then the wifi is working fine, so I just wanted to know that will the above driver work for me as well or not.

Re: Atheros WLAN Driver for those who are not able to connect to internet with Routers like Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, etc.

If it is having the adapters from the one that has been mentioned above then it should work, anyways I think that you should better try it out as there is not harm in updating the driver. I have found some mentioning that this driver had worked out for their HP ProBook 4420s as well but then I am not very sure about the same, I think that you should at least give it a try, just check it out and then post the result that you get, so others don’t have a doubt regarding the same further.