Thread: Does Bitdefender Slower's down the Pc? Is kaspersky better than it?

Does Bitdefender Slower's down the Pc? Is kaspersky better than it?

I have just started using avast free and I have heard that the avast is not that good and is not capable of protecting the system from the malware,trojan etc anyways now I am looking out for another antivirus program, I have checked out some others and I have chose Bitdefender and kaspersky to be my option but then I have found a no of people mentioning that the Bitdefender Slower's down the Pc, so is there anyone who has an idea about the same and ca help me out in getting a better one??

Re: Does Bitdefender Slower's down the Pc? Is kaspersky better than it?

I have just started using avast free and I have heard that the avast is not that good and is not capable of protecting the system from the malware,trojan etc anyways now I am looking out for another antivirus program, I have checked out some others and I have chose Bitdefender and kaspersky to be my option but then I have found a no of people mentioning that the Bitdefender Slower's down the Pc, so is there anyone who has an idea about the same and ca help me out in getting a better one??
    I really don’t agree to the same, I mean that I have been using avast from a long time and have not yet faced any such issues, I think that it just works great in fact it is the best for dealing with malware,trojan etc as compared to the other antiviruses, anyways if you think that you are not satisfied with the avast then you can try out Microsoft Security Essentials rather than going for Bitdefender or kaspersky.

Even I was going to speak out the same, I mean that even I have been using free version of avast from a long time and have not faced any issues, I have been trying out latest versions of it, anyways I just wanted to add that which version of avast you are running??? If you have not yet tried out the Avast! Pro Antivirus 2012 then check it out and then let me know what do you think about the same.

Hey thanks for the same I have checked out the reviews of the Microsoft Security Essentials 2012 and it seems to be quite light and it does not affect the computer as well, anyway I just wanted to know that what’s wrong with the kaspersky or the Bitdefender???? Does anyone has a reason behind not suggesting me those??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that the below ones are the best antivruses that I have used so far:
    • Microsoft Security Essentials
    • Avast

You have already tried out the avast and you are saying it has not satisfied your needs and in that case I will suggest you to try out the Microsoft Security Essentials, as far as the kaspersky and the Bitdefender is concerned, I will say yes, they have been found to eating up system resources and lowering the speed of the system. Just go through the below threads and check it out.