Thread: How to extend a wi-fi connection using a D-link DSL 2730u with Beetel 450TC1

How to extend a wi-fi connection using a D-link DSL 2730u with Beetel 450TC1

Hello friends, I am already using the Beetel 450TC1 modem/router, which I have received it with the airtel connection. Just wanted to extend the wi-fi range with the help of new DSL 2730u (d-link). It is having the WPS button which is not there in Beetel. I am able to connect 2 physically with cat 6 wire or wirelessly, if it is need to have 2 separate SSID then I am ready for it. So please tell me that how to do it. Well the Beetel 450TC1 is been connected and it is been working very well without any problem. Please help me, thank you.

Re: How to extend a wi-fi connection using a D-link DSL 2730u with Beetel 450TC1

Let me tell you that the Beetel 450TCI is not having the WDS (Wireless Distribution System) mode and it is been confirmed and also the DSL2730U adsl modem along with the wi-fi router is not having the WDS mode. So you cannot use both of the connection without using the Rj45 connection. Well you can try the Rj45 cable from LAN 1 of the Beetel 450TC1 modem/router to LAN 1 of Dlink DSL 2730u and do check the LAN operation from the Dlink DSL 2730u and Wi-Fi mode. Where in any stand alone wi-fi router requires a WAN port, it is the internet port, to make the settings.

Re: How to extend a wi-fi connection using a D-link DSL 2730u with Beetel 450TC1

The manual for the router is been available for the router. On the box it is been name as D-link ADSL 2730U Wireless N150 ADSL 2 + Modem Router, so it is having the DSL port, 4 LAN ports, wps button and also wireless on/off button. I will try to work it out with RJ 45 connection. I was thinking to give the router new ssid and password, so does that will work for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Baljeetay View Post
    The manual for the router is been available for the router. On the box it is been name as D-link ADSL 2730U Wireless N150 ADSL 2 + Modem Router, so it is having the DSL port, 4 LAN ports, wps button and also wireless on/off button. I will try to work it out with RJ 45 connection. I was thinking to give the router new ssid and password, so does that will work for me?
    You are able to connect only one modem or ADSLmodem_wifi router (bettel 450TCI or D-link DSl2730U). If you are having any phone connection point in the rest of the room of your house, then connect all the telephone with the ADSL splitter. When done with it then you are able to connect Rj11 cable directly to any one of the unit and set WIFI mode. For your information you can use only one wi-fi router at a time, not both of them.

Once created wired or wireless network, then the sharing files is pretty simple. If using Windows, should first make sure that the "File and Printer Sharing" box is checked. This option is located in the Properties tab of the Network Connections Control Panel. Once file sharing is enabled, just right-click the drive, folder, or file would like to share, and select "Sharing and Security." Then choose "Share this Folder" or "Share this File," enter any other permissions, and click OK. To access shared files from a networked computer, open "My Network Places" and locate the computer's name. Double-click the computer's icon and the list of shared files should show up. You can drag the shared files onto your hard disk or a folder on your desktop just like you can with local files.