Thread: Changed ZoneAlarm Scan Timers, running Wrong scans now

Changed ZoneAlarm Scan Timers, running Wrong scans now

I am running ZoneAlarm Antivirus scans frequently in my computer. Recently I have changed the scan times. Now when the timers expire, the ZA run wrong kind of scan other than I configured one. I want to run a Normal or Deep scan. When the Normal timer expires, it runs Quick scan. This is same for Deep scan also. There is no way or no options found in Scan times to change the scan type. Do you think that it is some kind of new thing?

Re: Changed ZoneAlarm Scan Timers, running Wrong scans now

It really looking like a bug in ZA. Otherwise there is no reason to tell what something causing the program to act strange and it won’t happen in normal cases unless the ZA itself is infected by a virus or malware. I don’t know whether there is patch or something to fix it. May be you should check on your own.

I don’t know about this issue yet because even I am also using the latest version ZA and scan timers working perfectly according to their setup. In your case see whether there is any overlapping with other scan which is scheduled for the same time. For you can simply configure the quick scan (tool --> scheduling --> initial scan time) for any date just to make sure that it will not going to reset during every boot.

You said that you have installed the latest version of ZA. That’s fine but then you need to update the virus signature database regularly. This will help you to get the patch directly from ZA labs which will help to fix few issues directly without the need to installing the entire software again.