Thread: Internet failure due to ZoneAlarm Upgrade from v9.3 to v10.1.79.000 in Windows 7

Internet failure due to ZoneAlarm Upgrade from v9.3 to v10.1.79.000 in Windows 7

From the past one year my computer is using ZoneAlarm. The latest update has arrived now and I think there is something wrong with this new version. My computer is running Windows 7 Home edition 64bit and SP1 not installed in it yet. I have downloaded the latest version setup following renewing subscription. I have installed this version but then I noticed that all I lost all internet connectivity. The internet is just fine but I cannot connect it from my computer. I have gone through all preferences and nothing came up. Any reason for this issue?

Re: Internet failure due to ZoneAlarm Upgrade from v9.3 to v10.1.79.000 in Windows 7

It seems to me that there are several things gone wrong due to the latest version of ZoneAlarm or during the upgrade. How did you upgrade to the new version? One thing make sure that you have removed the old version and then installed the latest version. Did you try turning on/off the Windows 7 firewall? Update the windows for all patches and security updates and see what you can get. May the network drivers get damaged.

Re: Internet failure due to ZoneAlarm Upgrade from v9.3 to v10.1.79.000 in Windows 7

In order to resolve your problem, there is an easy way. The Zone labs provide several troubleshooting guides and tips to resolve any kind of problem. You can contact the Zone Labs for assistance. But for now simply open the ZoneAlarm program and press F1. In the search tab, type troubleshooting. In that make a Double-click on "I'm having trouble connecting to the Internet."

Did you try resetting Internet Explorer (IE) & register files? To do this:
    • Go to Start> Start Search bar>type "inetcpl.cpl" and press Enter. This will open the Internet options window.
    • Click on the Advanced tab>Reset Internet Explorer Settings button.
    • Click again on Reset to confirm.
    • Also make sure to disable third-party browser extensions.

I think that apparently this problem is due to the enabled the ZoneAlarm firewall. I have gone through the similar kind of problem before. For that reason I have reduced the firewall protection level from High to Medium. Sometimes even you need to make it low. Do not use the 2 firewalls at a same time. Either use Zonealarm or Windows one. If this didn’t solve the problem, then wait for an Windows or Zonealarm patch. Try switching between Firewalls.

As far as I know that reducing the protection level in ZoneAlarm surely going to help but it is not the reason for internet not working or connecting. Have you tried the system restore to get the previous settings. Seems like ZoneAlarm update changed something in your computer and you are still not able to recognize it.