Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

ESET antivirus cannot delete virus detected in scan log

Networking & Security

Old 24-02-2012

ESET antivirus cannot delete virus detected in scan log

I have recently scanned the System using the ESET NoD32 antivirus and the scan shows different threats. Some objects get cleaned during the scan but some asking to restart the system. The scan log shows
  • scanned objects: 1032
  • threats found: 2
  • cleaned objects: 2
Now the problem is even if I restart the system over and over again, the ESET keeps popping up and saying ?restart your computer?. Is this the virus cause?

Old 24-02-2012

Re: ESET antivirus cannot delete virus detected in scan log

Whenever you seen a virus alert during the system scan or in scan log, you have to check the option called ?copy to quarantine?. After this go to the nod32 shortcut which is on the bottom right of the monitor (with time) and you will receive a "quarantine" system tools. Click on it and the file appears. Now right click on it in order delete that infected file. I hope that this method will help in most situations.
Old 24-02-2012

Unfortunately the viruses are not 100% reliable but in most cases it is desirable to reinstall windows and so ensure the permanent elimination of the infected file.

Although there are many ways to delete the virus but formatting is always fast and reliable method.
Old 24-02-2012

As far as I know that the NewHeur_PE Virus (New Heuristic Virus Portable Executable is used by NOD32. It is mainly meant for detecting potential new virus by the use of heuristic detection technology. This detection occurs when the virus has not yet been added to the signature database.

In order remove such viruses, you have to install Malwarebytes and CCleaner. However if the infected file is running or already in use by some services or applications, you have to kill it by using the Task manager and after that you can manually locate the infected file and move it to recycle bin.
Old 26-02-2012

The quarantine folder is used to encrypt the malware so they cannot harm or if it was quarantined want it back. However you can empty the quarantine if you think necessary. As far as I know that ESET offers a best way to remove any kind of virus infected in your computer, whether it may be via manually removal process or automatic removal. I used the ESET products for more than 5 years and I can assure that there is no problem with this product.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , ,