Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Need some security advise for Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Netbook

Networking & Security

Old 23-02-2012

Need some security advise for Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Netbook

Hey there I recently got a cheap netbook for one of my younger brother, nice to see some good features in it but I am highly confused as if what should I be doing for the security purpose thatís what I am not able to understand at all. Will I be requiring a antivirus program or a firewall program or something else? I am quite aware that all these netbooks are a good source of objects which has a high ratio of getting attacked through internet e and viruses as well. if you all have any advise for me then you can suggest me some that would be better for me thatís all I can say here.

Old 23-02-2012

Re: Need some security advise for Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Netbook

Well in a netbook as small as yours I think the security is limited to IE's security settings. You just have to keep an eye on that nothing much, thatís all you have to do. well I donít think so your netbook has the capacity to execute the files in it, it is just used for the browsing purposes so just keep an eye on the IE's security settings, thatís what you need to do. I hope thatís clear for you.
Old 23-02-2012

Since it has an embedded OS so donít think of adding any antivirus or anti- spyware in it. No, it will be of no use at all. In fact it will not get installed thatís what I know. Try downloading the packages and see if it runs or not. Though I doubt it will run.
Old 23-02-2012

See just keep an eye on what information do you send online and donít check any links that you donít know or if it is un trusted thatís some simple way to be safe online. Well thatís the side effect of having the low cost netbook.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,