Thread: Need some security advise for Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Netbook

Need some security advise for Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Netbook

Hey there I recently got a cheap netbook for one of my younger brother, nice to see some good features in it but I am highly confused as if what should I be doing for the security purpose that’s what I am not able to understand at all. Will I be requiring a antivirus program or a firewall program or something else? I am quite aware that all these netbooks are a good source of objects which has a high ratio of getting attacked through internet e and viruses as well. if you all have any advise for me then you can suggest me some that would be better for me that’s all I can say here.

Re: Need some security advise for Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Netbook

Well in a netbook as small as yours I think the security is limited to IE's security settings. You just have to keep an eye on that nothing much, that’s all you have to do. well I don’t think so your netbook has the capacity to execute the files in it, it is just used for the browsing purposes so just keep an eye on the IE's security settings, that’s what you need to do. I hope that’s clear for you.

Since it has an embedded OS so don’t think of adding any antivirus or anti- spyware in it. No, it will be of no use at all. In fact it will not get installed that’s what I know. Try downloading the packages and see if it runs or not. Though I doubt it will run.

See just keep an eye on what information do you send online and don’t check any links that you don’t know or if it is un trusted that’s some simple way to be safe online. Well that’s the side effect of having the low cost netbook.