Thread: ESET NOD32 Antivirus v5 is broken and causing system locksup

ESET NOD32 Antivirus v5 is broken and causing system locksup

I was on ESET NOD32 antivirus version 4. I was happy with it because it was working fine. When I started using the truecrypt along with this antivirus, the system leads to BSOD. Due to this decided to upgrade to the new version 5. There it noted that BSOD has been fixed. After installing v5, I have noticed that there is a frequent locksup during the boot. I again did the fresh installation of v5 but issue remains the same. After several try I managed to boot in but the then network stack started crashing. Does anyone else notice this issue?

Re: ESET NOD32 Antivirus v5 is broken and causing system locksup

It seems to me that you have installed the NOD32 antivirus on a different drive other than the one in which you have installed the windows. And you might have encrypted that drive using the Truecrypt. So due to this, you are getting system locksup during the boot. To resolve this issue, you have to re-install it again on the same partition where you have installed the OS. Before the make sure to do the clean uninstallation.

You are not the only one having issue with this version but other people and users are also facing this problem and still there is no response from the ESET yet. From the past several years, I have been using the Nod32 but this new version of really odd. I ran the ESET SysInspector and mailed them log files, but didn’t get any response yet.

A recently published virus definition update, some people got problems with ESET Smart Security / ESET NOD32 Antivirus v5. To this problem, the ESET software to be removed from the computer and then reinstall once again. When the computer unbootable and shows a bluescreen, the computer must be started in safe to remove the software. Then in normal mode it should be re-installed.

The problem describes that there are still traces of Nod32 version4.

As I never used NOD32 Removal Tool, I am not sure whether it cleans traces of Nod32 or not, if it is already theoretically "uninstalled". But we must try this tool first.