Thread: Need advice for ESET Smart Security 4 Firewall IP

Need advice for ESET Smart Security 4 Firewall IP

Hello friends, I have recently upgraded the firmware of my modem/router. The firewall has chosen the network again which I have to allow it again sharing on the network on the PC's and allow it for incoming on ports 137 so that I can get everything. My main problem is that I am getting firewall popup for application System of unknown publisher and it is trying to access the outbound IPs. So I wanted to know that I should allow those or block them. Can you please suggest something about it? Thank you.

Re: Need advice for ESET Smart Security 4 Firewall IP

I would suggest you that you better block then for time been. I wanted to know when are these things been shown up, it is been seen when start browsing or it is during time of startup? I would also suggest you that you better scan the computer completely, do whole computer scan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zared View Post
    I would suggest you that you better block then for time been. I wanted to know when are these things been shown up, it is been seen when start browsing or it is during time of startup? I would also suggest you that you better scan the computer completely, do whole computer scan.
    That popup are also been seen when I am not doing anything on the computer. I have run the Malwarebytes but it has not found anything, so after that I have run the In-depth NOD32 Scan. So I have gone ahead and blocked those IP and I was able to see the rule which it has created. It was not containing the actual IP, so I believe that it might be the rule which might be blocking everything from System with an unknown publisher? It is telling me that there is something which is trying to access IPs and I was not able to found any infection.

Quote Originally Posted by pleas*ing View Post
    That popup are also been seen when I am not doing anything on the computer. I have run the Malwarebytes but it has not found anything, so after that I have run the In-depth NOD32 Scan. So I have gone ahead and blocked those IP and I was able to see the rule which it has created. It was not containing the actual IP, so I believe that it might be the rule which might be blocking everything from System with an unknown publisher? It is telling me that there is something which is trying to access IPs and I was not able to found any infection.
    I wanted to know which are the other software’s which are been running in the background when you are getting those alerts. If you do not know then you better try to find it out for you. The rule which you are talking about it seems to be too wide and I believe that it might be blocking the traffic which you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by pleas*ing View Post
    Hello friends, I have recently upgraded the firmware of my modem/router. The firewall has chosen the network again which I have to allow it again sharing on the network on the PC's and allow it for incoming on ports 137 so that I can get everything. My main problem is that I am getting firewall popup for application System of unknown publisher and it is trying to access the outbound IPs. So I wanted to know that I should allow those or block them. Can you please suggest something about it? Thank you.
    I believe that both of those IP are been belonging to Rackspace Hosting, and also those IP are been important to you or not, if it is not then you better block it and check it out that it solve the problem or not.

Well you have told that it might be connected to the upgrade modem/router which is the only thing that is been changed, then I would advise you that you better just block those two IP addresses for the temporarily till the time you managed to ascertain the reason for the connections. I wanted to know that blocking the connections brought any effect on to your normal operation of the system, if it has not affected then I would suggest that you better leave them blocked for the moment and if it is been affected then it may help to pinpoint the cause.

I would suggest you to run the Autoruns for Windows v11.21 and check it out what is been running in your system. When you will be running that then you will be getting the programs are configured to run during system boot up or login of the system.