Thread: Unable to open the program even after cleaning up the virus with Malwarebytes

Unable to open the program even after cleaning up the virus with Malwarebytes

I was sure that my system was terribly infected with virus, so I got windows 7 antivirus malware some 20 days ago. But later on I noticed that it didn’t work out well and also messed up with my system so I decided to remove and get another one. So this time I went with Malwarebytes as according to me it was one amongst the most popular one.

As expected it cleaned up the system completely without leaving a single virus but then also left out a problem along with it. Now I can no longer able to open the programs which were earlier infected with virus. These programs while infected were unable to open up but even after cleaning up the system still the programs are not opening. Please help, any suggestion?

Re: Unable to open the program even after cleaning up the virus with Malwarebytes

Same thing happened with me also, after running the malwarebytes, my system looked to be very much faster and active with smooth functioning but on the same side I was unable to open up all those files and programs which were initially infected with virus. Now this makes me doubt whether the malwarebytes is really able to clean up the system with the destructions or it just leave its work half the way.

After a lot of research I found that I can run and open up all those unopened programs and file from administrator. I right clicked then “Run as Administrator”, after that I am able to run all kind of programs including those unopened ones.

Re: Unable to open the program even after cleaning up the virus with Malwarebytes

I have been doing this thing from long time when I faced this issue. When I ran the system through administrator the programs use to open and work fine. In fact all the related issue was solved as the time went on but still there is one issue present in my system.

It’s very much strange to see that my windows 7 system does not allow me to change my screensaver, whenever I try to change it by clicking on the button, it changes but again it sends me right to back to older one i.e. the square one. And also gives me an error message saying “The file does not have a program associated with performing this action”.

Ok you can try out this one. First get into the administrator then browse through your registry and then search for the following subkey:

ScreenSaveActive

If the above subkey exist and if its Dword value is set to 0 then make sure to change it to 1. And then restart your system and try to change your screensaver.

Yeah running the system as an administrator would definitely create no problem so make sure to use it as an administrator.
    And for the screensaver issue I guess can’t help you out with the solution but yeah I can definitely help you in letting know the possible causes of this issue.

Below are the possibilities which maybe or may not be the main cause of your problem:
    • NoDispScrSavPage
    • ScreenSaveActive
    • ScreenSaverFilename
    • ScreenSaverIsSecure
    • ScreenSaveTimeOut

Other than this I can also suggest you to check whether it is a policy issue or not. And in order to check this out you need to open up the System Policy Editor (poledit) load System.adm.

Other than this I can also suggest you to check whether it is a policy issue or not. And in order to check this out you need to open up the System Policy Editor (poledit) load System.adm.
    This solution will most probably allow to you check what policies has been enforced in your account, also on the same side the group policies won’t be able to show you the individual policies which are set onto your account.

And also I would like to tell you that you are checking out in the wrong section of the registry, I think it would be under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER]\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Control Panel\Desktop, if there is any kind of restriction over there.

The easiest way to change your screensaver other than the normal way is to go to “Run” and then over there type "%windir%\system32" and then select screensaver, or also you can reset your profile only if you are an advance user.

Hi, you can do one thing, just open up your msconfig (type it in RUN) then click on Serivces and then check for all the "hide all MS services" and also make sure to uncheck all other options, apply and OK.Restart the system.
    • Go to START > SEARCH and type in Regedit
    • Regedit.exe will appear in the Start window
    • Right click on Regedit.exe and select "Run as administrator"
    • After that Unlock the Reg Key.

it’s a long procedure so better do it keeping an expert person along with you. If this fails then you need to expand + exefile \ shell \ open, then highlight the “Open” option, right click it and then select permission and then run the appropriate permissions. And at the end run the .zip file.

I would like to share something, recently I restricted a user from having an access to the screensaver settings, but later on I allowed him the access by enabling the settings. But then after enabling the Screensaver related settings what I notice was that the account did not acknowledge the changes which were made. And as a result I was forced to rest the account.

I would better suggest you to check out in the registry under the policy key. Check whether there is any policies which are actually disallowing or restricting you from changing the screensaver related settings.