Thread: Wireless Zero Configuration in Services disappeared

Wireless Zero Configuration in Services disappeared

My PC run XP home edition Service Pack 2. in some way it is missing the component in services.msc for "Wireless zero configuration". How can I install it, I also downloaded and install the entire Microsoft updates and the Wireless zero configuration is not yet appeared . I require it to enable my wireless WEP Encryption to match my routers WEP Encryption. Is there anyone help me on this I would be really be able to appreciate this.

Re: Wireless Zero Configuration in Services disappeared

Well I suggest you t o put the Wireless Zero Configuration component to your configuration In Target Designer, after that you just hit the Search, type the Wireless Zero Configuration, and after that select the Search icon. The Wireless Zero Configuration component will be highlighted on the component browser. Just Drag the Wireless Zero Configuration component to the configuration editor pane. After that add the Network Provisioning Service component as well as the Primitive: Wzcsvc component. Remember this while you run a dependency check; be certain to add the entire components that are necessary by these wireless components.

Just go to the Registry maybe and over there just go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WZCSVC and put the Start value to 4 to stop it. Restart the computer and see if that help .

I will like to suggest you that searching the registry for the Zero Configuration Utility plus removing anything it finds that you’re certain you don't require. If you’re not certain don't delete as that could cause further issues

Just follow this steps and see if this help you
    1. go to the registry editor.
    2. Over there just clickon the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WZCSVC
    3. Now make the DWORD value named "Start" then set it to 2.

I think the issue is perhaps with the router, other than that in services . I would start again, ie uninstalls the driver of that card and then reboot the PC when you're on the desktop regseek Come on in and try the connection again. If you comment that router you maybe you can help, but it is complicated.

See if you have the right driver installed, occasionally windows update has they are not equal to the normal ones that come with the hardware. Did you install a driver on the windows update? I would try using the one from drivers however when you install them windows first... I favor using default stuff although if all be unsuccessful you might try the one that came with your wireless adaptor.

Well I too suggest you that just install the driver given from the manufacturer ahead, you will able to have the "rollback driver" of windows if you need to revert back to the one you have at the present...