Thread: Getting AVG error : This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer

Getting AVG error : This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer

Hi, in my machine I use to use the antivirus called AVG, but recently don’t what happened wrong, because when I was accessing some of the websites through which I am affected with the different viruses. And every time I start my machine I got a pop up message from the windows showing that I am affected through the virus. and when I run AVG it shows me the error message that I have mention in the title. So I am not getting what is it, as I haven’t came across to any such pop up ever before.

Re: Getting AVG error : This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer

I think rather than solving this error you should first take care of your system and for that you should download another versions antivirus software and then clean all the virus, I am not very much sure with the one that you have mentioned but still suggest you that you can make use of another software for cleaning the viruses from your machine. while installing any new software make sure that you should uninstall this AVG first from your machine.

Re: Getting AVG error : This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer

I think some of the files are either missing or corrupted in the registry so you need to first of all repair them if possible, you can have option to reinstall the software on your machine, so I would suggest you the same to do that first in order to clean the viruses from your machine and then recommend you that you should use only the NOD 32 antivirus software for your machine. AVG is not that much secure and cause various problems like this.

See according to me this problem could occur if there is a Group Policy object (GPO) that hamper the program that you are trying to run. This software can be hampered if local computer group policy have been applied:

•Don’t run particular Windows applications.
    •Run simply the allowable Windows applications.

So for these you can have solution like you have to run the AVG through the administrative rights, and then change is setting in the group policy, then you can run those programs.

As the above user mentioned you should configure those settings first but if suppose that don’t help you anyways, you should uninstall that very soon otherwise you may lose any other files also, so you need to have very good another antivirus programs. Other you can have another option as to update the version of your antivirus in your machine, and after that also, I would recommend you that you should always keep it up to date otherwise it is next to worthless.

I was having this same issue, and fixed it. After removing the malware that was affecting the computer, there were some left over registry entries by the malware that didn't get cleaned. You'll need to delete these yourself.

In the registry editor, go to:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore\DisAllowRun

Then delete any entries that have a value containing any AVG file names (such as avgui.exe, avgtray.exe, etc).