Thread: How to disable the alerts in ESET Smart Security 4

How to disable the alerts in ESET Smart Security 4

Hello friends, I am very much fed up with the alerts which are been shown by the ESET Smart Security 4, I am getting “eset requires your attention” pop-up, when I open the eset program then everything is working properly. I am using the Windows 7 64-bit system which is fully updated, so can anyone tell me that how I can disable those alerts? Please help me. Thank you.

Re: How to disable the alerts in ESET Smart Security 4

I know that many are getting the same problem, I am having the simple method is that you enable the gaming mode permanently, then after that you will be not getting the problem and also no pop-up.

I wanted to tell that the gaming mode is been broken, so if you enable it then any application which will running in full screen will be a game for antivirus, so it becomes little tough for you to work on the application. This is the thing which I have noticed on the antivirus, I have run an application in full screen mode and founded that it is think a game is running.

Quote Originally Posted by Anush21 View Post
    I wanted to tell that the gaming mode is been broken, so if you enable it then any application which will running in full screen will be a game for antivirus, so it becomes little tough for you to work on the application. This is the thing which I have noticed on the antivirus, I have run an application in full screen mode and founded that it is think a game is running.
    Let me tell you that it is not at all broken it is the method of it to work. Where the idea of gamer mode start working when it finds full screen applications is been running so to avoid problem it enables it and works fine. So it is been working fine and is useful when you do not want notifications while showing presentation.

Let me correct you all, the main problem is not about that alerts should or should not be suppressed when it is running full screen mode, the main problem is that getting false alert popup which is eset requires your attention and it should not been seen. It is been seen the problem with the version 4 on Windows 7 64-bit. It is been seen that when I open the ESET Smart Security from taskbar. When check the home screen then it shows that all the systems are safe, and then also you will get ESS needs my attention. There is no change in the protection status also.

This problem was not been seen problem on Windows 7 64-bit, I am having two computer both of them are having the Windows 7 64-bit along with ESET Smart Security. I am able to get popup when open the ESET Smart Security from taskbar, not tried in another way. This bug should be fixed and also founded that there is no changes in protection status.

I am having the link which is telling that deselects the Gamer Mode in the ESET Smart Security, if you wanted to know more than you can check on following link and check it out.

Why do I keep seeing the "ESET requires your attention" notification in my system tray when no action is needed?

I have upgraded to version 5 then also I was getting the same problem, so I have contacted the ESET support and they wanted to have a copy of a SysInspector report, I have provide them and they have not found anything strange with it. Then they recommend one thing that to turn off the notifications. I believe that support is acting dumb as they have not this complaint from user earlier.