Thread: Bug in ESET Smart Security 5

Bug in ESET Smart Security 5

Hello friends, I am having problem Eset smart security 5, updated it to the latest eset 5.0.93.0. When I turn the modem to start internet then computer start hang. I later founded that there is fresh download 5.0.94.0 version from eset website, then also system get hang. When try to click the desktop then ESS switch to gamer mode, if open any other application then it come back to normal mode. It also happens when open ESS5 window and clicked outside the window then it switches to gamer mode, I believe that is a bug in the game. Does anyone have come across with the same problem, please help me. Thank you.

Re: Bug in ESET Smart Security 5

I am also having the same problem which you are having it but the system does not hang. Well the Gamer Mode is been enabled and returns back to Normal Mode on certain situations. If you are running any high intensive applications then you will be getting this problem, I have founded when I was playing a flash video in YouTube, when I enlarge the screen to watch the video and go back to small screen then a pop up notification is been shown by ESET and it disappear. Even you can try to reinstall ESET if there is any change in the behavior persists.

I would suggest that you better disable the http checking which is there in main setup and check that it provides any difference. Where the gamer mode is been enable and disable automatically then it might happen if you are using the Aero and the background image switching in certain intervals. Whereas it can switch on other occasions as the ESET gets signal about a full-screen mode from the operating system. The ESET is been working on this problem, for temporary solution you can disable the automatic switching to gamer mode for full-screen applications.

You can try some other antivirus, I am using the avira and you will be not getting the problem with it. It is having the paid version and it is been the best and also you will be able to work properly on phone.

The gamer mode keeps on switching automatically. I think that Windows 7 background image changer is the problem for that. I am containing several thousand of images which keep on changing after 10 seconds. So I believe that the ESET developer will fix the problem.

It is really frustrating for me also, I have observe it that getting popup which tells that gamer mode was enabled, when I try to click on it to check then it is showing me off. This problem has been started with V5. I have founded the cause of the problem and it was the automatic enabler, I have tried a simple test, open the ESET and click on setup, slide it to secondary monitor, then open the browser on the main monitor and pressed F11 and gamer mode is enabled. If you go to bad site then it will not prompt and also eset does not update. It is not at all good default setting even the additionally gamer mode is enabled when you are not in full screen mode. The simple solution for this problem is that turn off the automatic gamer mode enabler and also it is better that you change the default settings.

I wanted to tell when the screensavers is active then you will be getting the same problem and also it happens with the rotating backgrounds, so it is better to disable the automatic gamer mode enabler and after that you will be not get the problem.