Thread: How to disable ZoneAlarm Auto-Scan on Windows startup

How to disable ZoneAlarm Auto-Scan on Windows startup

The ZoneAlarm automatically a virus scan or quick scan at windows start-up. This is extremely annoying in my case and it will take much time o boot my computer. Does anyone know how to disable this?

Re: How to disable ZoneAlarm Auto-Scan on Windows startup

The Quick Scan on windows start up is really necessary for Windows OS. It really helps you to solve several start up related problem. The Quick Scan mode will speed up performance. You don’t need worry about this because the ZoneAlarm start up scan only checks the Windows and start up folder which typically targeted by malicious softwares and hackers. The ZoneAlarm will then add Trusted files to Exceptions so that they won’t scan again and again during the each boot up.

If the Quick Scan on start up is really annoying for you, then you can go for the Ultra Deep Scan for viruses and spyware. This scan only takes place, when the system is not in sue or in idle condition. This scan makes the system to run faster and does not slow the down the work. In the advanced options, you will get settings to do the Scheduled scan depending upon your needs. Set the time when you are not in front of the computer.

On the basis of your system configuration, ZoneAlarm Pro will decide when to scan the system. It may scan for spyware every day or o weekly but in a given time only. Btu many users think that the automatic scanning is useful but some people set this to run as few automatically-running applications. Prefer to run the software detection manually.

I am currently using the Zonealarm 10.0.246.000. I have heard that this version has few bugs and acts strange. If the scans are already scheduled and then if I create a new scan with different date, it will not update automatically. The scan goes directly to previously set date and it scans fine at that moment only.

I am getting the same problem with my desktop as well as netbook. In both I have installed the Zonealarm. The system scans around three times a day and there is no way I can disable this thing in the scheduler. Sometimes the scan is in progress; it will lower the performance and also quickly drains the battery. This is really irritating for me.

If there are any other anti-spyware scanners scheduled on same date and time or currently running, then you might ZoneAlarm acts very strange. You need to disable the anti-spyware utility inside the ZoneAlarm Pro so that other components can work normally. To do this:
    • First of all double click on the "ZA" icon on Windows Taskbar
    • Inside the "ZoneAlarm Pro" window, click "Anti-spyware".
    • Go to the "Main" tab > "Advanced Options”.
    • In the "Advanced Options" dialog box, Click "Scan Schedule"
    • Uncheck "Scan for spyware" and click on OK.

You must reset the ZoneAlarm settings in order to change or make the new settings from the scratch: For this you just need to press and hold the Ctrl and Shift keys together. At the same time right click on the ZoneAlarm icon on the Taskbar. It will pop up a menu. In that select 'Reset' and then YES. The Reset Settings dialog box will prompt for you to click OK to reboot the system. Follow the on screen instruction for further process during the reboot.