Thread: Stop all internet activity and Internet Lock is missing in ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 10

Stop all internet activity and Internet Lock is missing in ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 10

I have recently installed ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 10 and I have found that there is not internet lock in the system tray icon and I am not able to find out stop all internet activity as well, I am sure that I have completed the installation process successfully without any interruption, is there anyone who has an idea about it.

Re: Stop all internet activity and Internet Lock is missing in ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 10

I have recently installed ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 10 and I have found that there is not internet lock in the system tray icon and I am not able to find out stop all internet activity as well, I am sure that I have completed the installation process successfully without any interruption, is there anyone who has an idea about it.
    I will like to inform you that the Stop all internet activity and Internet Lock has been removed from the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 10, they were there in version 9 but then they are not version 10, so you don’t have to worry about the same, thinking that you have missed something during the installation and so.

Re: Stop all internet activity and Internet Lock is missing in ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 10

Why have the removed the Internet Lock, I mean that it was really a classic signature feature of Zonealarm and a no of users like me were using it as well, was there any reason for the same?? Are you aware of it?? Is there any alternate for that now??

I am not that aware of the alternate software that you are asking for but then the reason for removing the Internet Lock, is said that it was causing computers to lose internet connection and also cash the other components of the computer as well, if you want to know further details of the same then you should better contact the official Tech Support of the ZoneAlarm. Hope that helps.

I have been looking out after the same and as far as an alternate method for the stop all internet lock is concerned, you can use the below solution to block internet access:
    First go in to control panel and then in to device manager and then under the Network adapters just right click on the adapter and then select the disable option and when you want to reconnect then you can enable it in the same way, I have been doing the same after installing the version 10 but then I am really missing the internet lock feature, I wish that they could add it again in the further updates.

You may find this fix faster to use once you set it up. Go to My Computer. On the left click on My Network Places. Left click on View Network Connections. Use your right mouse button to grab your Local Area Connection icon and drag it to your desk top. Release the buttock and left click on Create Shortcuts Here. I renamed the shortcut to the name of my cable provider. If you are hooked to more than one network you can create an icon for each network adapter.

To lock the internet (or any other network adapter). Right click on the shortcut icon and left click on disable.

To enable the internet (or any other network adapter). Right click on the shortcut icon and left click on enable.