Thread: Scanning problem in safe mode with ESET nod32 Antivirus.

Scanning problem in safe mode with ESET nod32 Antivirus.

I am using HP laptop with configuration windows 7 64bit and I’m using NOD32 version 5 antivirus. I’m running malware bytes along with ESET. Actually I just wanted to scan my laptop in safe mode but when I start to scanning process in safe mode I’m getting some issue i.e.it open dos window with so many posts. So can anyone tell me is this right to scan your system in safe mode and how much time it will take?

Re: Scanning problem in safe mode with ESET nod32 Antivirus.

I read your issue and came to one conclusion. If you scanning your system in safe mode it will not harm your laptop. You are saying that dos window opens at the time of scanning so I would suggest you that please don’t afraid dos window is actually advance boot option. Your safe mode scanning will continue till your entire files in the system get scanned. I have done type scanning but I haven’t received such type issue.

If you are getting dos window during scanning in safe mode I would suggest you that just clean windows startup application. After that reboot your laptop leave on scanning. Still you are not able run antivirus during this so do one thing is keep your machine for online scanning. For that you have to start your laptop in safe mode scan with fully updated antivirus and remove ad-ware, spy-ware. After finishing scanning process in safe mode please restart your laptop in normal mode and again leave for scanning.

The above content is right but one thing keep in mind that if you are running antivirus in safe mode for that you have to wait for a long time. I cannot tell you time because it depends on your hard drive or size of hard drive. There may be times during scanning you will get some file you will not open it because they will belongs to System file.

In case of safe mode only few applications run along with this some driver. If you are want to scan your laptop in safe mode with internet connection it will not work before I said it runs one some application. If you want to scan your system in safe mode you should install updated antivirus. From this you can scan your machine.