Thread: ESET Smart Security 5 is blocking Slingbox

ESET Smart Security 5 is blocking Slingbox

I have been using Slingbox at my place and I am having laptop, smartphone as well as a netbook which are having connection with the Slingbox but then recently I had installed Eset Smart Security on my laptop and the netbook and they both have lost the connection to the Slingbox after installing a new virus database, everthing was working fine by now but then now it is appearing as if the Eset is blocking the devices in staying connected with Slingbox, the other non-eset devices are just working fine, is there anyone who can help??

Re: ESET Smart Security 5 is blocking Slingbox

I have been using Slingbox at my place and I am having laptop, smartphone as well as a netbook which are having connection with the Slingbox but then recently I had installed Eset Smart Security on my laptop and the netbook and they both have lost the connection to the Slingbox after installing a new virus database, everything was working fine by now but then now it is appearing as if the Eset is blocking the devices in staying connected with Slingbox, the other non-eset devices are just working fine, is there anyone who can help??
    Even I am having the same issue with Slingplayer, I mean that I was able to use it without any issues but then after installing ESET I am not able to access it from my laptop, the other non-eset computer is not having any such issues on the same LAN, I am quite sure that there is something wrong with the eset and not with my system but then I am not able to trace out the exact cause of the issue, is there anyone who can help me out as well??

I think that you both should better try out creating a log with the blocked connections and for that you can refer to the below article:

I will like to add that uninstalling the ESET is solving the issue but then I am willing to use it as well, anyways I have just now tried logging blocked activity but then I found that the Slingbox ip address was not there in the block list, I have also checked out the trusted zone and the local addresses list as well but then the Slingbox is not displayed there as well, when I had added full LAN subnet to the trusted zone then I was able to connect without any issues but then later when I rebooted the machine then I was not able to connect to the Slingplayer again, I am really running out of ideas is there any other thing that I can try out??

I was facing the same issue before but then I have solved it out somehow, In my case I had added the Slingplayer's ip address to the Addresses which were not there in the active protection as well as in the protocol filtering and after that I was not having the same issue and I am not able to connect to the Slingplayer, I think that we require a update to get this things solved but till then you can try out the same and see if it is helping. Best of luck.

I think that you might have been lucky with the solution that you have specified because I have tried doping the same and I have followed the above solution as well but then they are not making any difference in my case and now I am really not willing to use the eset anymore and I will be removing it out.

I have solved out the issue but then not following the above solutions but then I have simply rolled back to the Smart Security 4.2 and not everything is working fine, the eset is not blocking the devices from staying connected with the Slingplayer's, I will suggest you to better try out the same rather than just removing it, just try it out and see if it is making difference in your case as well or not.