Thread: How to add utorrent as an exception to the firewall in ESET Smart Security 5

How to add utorrent as an exception to the firewall in ESET Smart Security 5

I am running windows xp in my machine and I have recently started using ESET Smart Security 5 and I am willing to add utorrent as an exception to the firewall but then I don’t have an idea of doing the same, is there anyone who can help me with a workaround to do the same, any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: How to add utorrent as an exception to the firewall in ESET Smart Security 5

I am running windows xp in my machine and I have recently started using ESET Smart Security 5 and I am willing to add utorrent as an exception to the firewall but then I don’t have an idea of doing the same, is there anyone who can help me with a workaround to do the same, any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    I think that you should better check out the below article:

But then make sure that you are not following the step 4 as it will be blocking all the websites and not the ones on the list, just check it out and see if it is helping.

Re: How to add utorrent as an exception to the firewall in ESET Smart Security 5

I have checked out the same but then in my case I am not talking about blocking website but then it is a torrent program, I have found a solution where it says I have to go in to the setup>advanced setup and so but then when I am trying to follow the same then I am getting a message saying that “an unsupported operation was attempted" and after that the system gets hanged as well, is there any thins else that I can try out to add utorrent as an exception to the firewall, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

As far as the error Is concerned I think that you will have to uninstall the ESS and after that reboot the machine and then download and install Auslogics Registry Cleaner, after that run the cleaner and make a full scan of the system, once the registry is repaired then just reboot the computer again and then install the ESS again, this should probably solve the issue, just try it out and then let me know if you have an further issues.

I think that I can help you out here, just follow the below steps and it will help you out:
    • First Go in to Setup and then Click on Firewall after that just change the filtering mode to: "Automatic filtering mode with exceptions".
    • After that Go in to the “Configure Rules and Zones” and then Click on New and then enter a name for e.g. uTorrent and make sure that you are setting the Action: to Deny or Allow respectively.
    • Now just Click on Local tab and then browse the program you are willing to add as an exception and then lastly click on OK and you are done.