Thread: Not able to install ESET Smart Security version 4

Not able to install ESET Smart Security version 4

I have been trying to install ESET Smart Security version 4 and In the start of the installation process it says “F-Secure Software might interfere with ESET Smart Security” so when I followed the steps to uninstall the F-Secure, I have found that it is still there in the C Program Files, I have tried deleting it from there but then It says “cannot delete domainNames.dat: Access is denied” I just wanted to know if there is a way to delete Shaw Secure folder and then proceed with the installation?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to install ESET Smart Security version 4

I have been trying to install ESET Smart Security version 4 and In the start of the installation process it says “F-Secure Software might interfere with ESET Smart Security” so when I followed the steps to uninstall the F-Secure, I have found that it is still there in the C Program Files, I have tried deleting it from there but then It says “cannot delete domainNames.dat: Access is denied” I just wanted to know if there is a way to delete Shaw Secure folder and then proceed with the installation?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    I will suggest you to use some ESET uninstalling tool and see if you are able to delete the folder, if not then try out the same in safe mode as well, just try it out and then let me know what you get.

I have tried using the tool in the normal mode as well as the safe mode but then it is not making any difference, I have check out the Shaw Secure folder and it is having a no of files such as Common, FSGUI, FSPC, Anti-Virus, FWES, NRS, Setup etc, so just wanted to know that will deleting the folder result in any issue further or is there any way where I can ignore warning and continue installation??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that you should better try out the Automatic F-Secure Antivirus Removal Tool but then keep the following things in mind:
    It won’t remove the F-Secure software if you will install it in an unsafe location like c:\windows or c:\program file and if you install it there then it will delete the directory into which F-Secure was installed and will delete the other files as well.

I am aware of that and I have already used the Automatic F-Secure Antivirus Removal Tool but then it did not helped, is there any other thing that I can try out to complete the installation??

If you are very sure that you have removed all files and directories of the leftover including the F-Secure software then you can just check out the below Windows System Registry:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System\F-Secure Gatekeeper]

It will be better if you export a copy of it and then delete it and then proceed with the installation of the ESET Smart Security, just try out the same and see if it is helping.

If the above solution is not working for you then you can contact the ESS as the eset provide free phone technical support if you are having the license of the ESET, Just contact them and see what they have to say about the same, I think that they will surely help you out.