Thread: Getting error while installing ESET NOD32 v5

Getting error while installing ESET NOD32 v5

I have been trying to install ESET NOD32 v5 but then I am not able to install it, actually the installation process is reaching 91% and after that I am getting an error message saying “installer has encountered an unexpected error…” an something like that, I have tried clearing the left out files and folders and after that installing it again but then I am getting the same response, what might be the possible cause of this issue??

Re: Getting error while installing ESET NOD32 v5

I have been trying to install ESET NOD32 v5 but then I am not able to install it, actually the installation process is reaching 91% and after that I am getting an error message saying “installer has encountered an unexpected error…” an something like that, I have tried clearing the left out files and folders and after that installing it again but then I am getting the same response, what might be the possible cause of this issue??
    I will suggest you to better post the screen shot of the error that you are getting so I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and I also wanted to know that are you sure that you are not missing anything in the installation process?? Just post the screen shot here for further help.

This is what I am getting:

I don’t think that I am missing anything as I am following the below guide for the same:

In that case you can try to run the ESET Uninstaller in safe mode and see if it is making any difference, just try it out and then let me know what you are getting.

I have tried doing the same in safe mode as well as normal mode and that too several times but then it is just not making any difference and the process is still getting failed at 91% with the error that I have posted above, is there anything else that I can try out to install it successfully without any issues, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that you might have not yet cleared the left over files completely and that is the reason that you are having this issue, actually some deleted programs and mostly the anti-malware programs leave drivers which later conflict with the other processes and they are sometime hidden as well in the device manager, in order to find them out just follow the below steps:
    • First just right click on the My Computer icon and then select the Properties and then click on the Advanced tab and then on the Environment Variables.
    • Now under the Environment Variables window pane just click on “new” and then enter the following respectively:
      • Variable Name- devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices
      • Variable Value- 1
    • After that click on OK and then close the window
    • When you are done with the above process then just go in to Device Manager and then change the vie setting to show hidden devices and after that the leftover will be appearing grayed, so you can just right click on the same and then uninstall it.
    • After this reboot the machine and then start the installation process again and see if it is getting successfully installed or not.