Thread: Very slow flash performance with ESET NOD32 5.0.95.0

Very slow flash performance with ESET NOD32 5.0.95.0

I have recently bought new computer and I have installed windows 7 64 bit with NOD32 5.0.95.0 and as far as the browser is concerned I am having Chrome and IE 9 as well as firefox 10 beta, the flash version in my case is version 11.1.102.55, the problem that i am facing is that I am getting Very slow flash performance, I mean that the embedded video from the youtube are taking ~5-10 seconds to change on to actual video from the white screen and this happens for all the flash video sites, I doubt if the issue has started after installing NOD32 5.0.95.0 but then I am not very sure about the same and I want to solve this issue, is there anyone who can help??

re: Very slow flash performance with ESET NOD32 5.0.95.0

I have recently bought new computer and I have installed windows 7 64 bit with NOD32 5.0.95.0 and as far as the browser is concerned I am having Chrome and IE 9 as well as firefox 10 beta, the flash version in my case is version 11.1.102.55, the problem that i am facing is that I am getting Very slow flash performance, I mean that the embedded video from the youtube are taking ~5-10 seconds to change on to actual video from the white screen and this happens for all the flash video sites, I doubt if the issue has started after installing NOD32 5.0.95.0 but then I am not very sure about the same and I want to solve this issue, is there anyone who can help??
    There are possible chances that it might be conflicting,anyways I just wanted to know if you have tried enabling pre-release updates by going in to the update setup to check if it is making any difference, if not then just try it out and then let me know what you get.

I am having the pre-release update to be enabled but then now after you suggestion I have checked it out by enabling and disabling but then it is just not making any difference, I have found that switching back to the previous version that I was using is not having the same issue and the flash performance is getting better as well, so I just wanted to know if this is some kind of bug in the newer version? Or there is something else that is wrong?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I was facing the same issue with beta versions of Eset Smart Security, were most of the videos in flash are used to take a lot of time to get read and displayed but then later I found out that the cause of this issue was Web Protection, I mean that the Web Protection was set to enabled and that was causing the slowdown on most flash content but then after disabling it things were working fine, I am not very sure as you are having a different version but then I think that you can at least check it out to see if it is making any difference in your case as well or not.

I have checked out the same and the below possible solution has been mentioned by a no of people to be working, so if you all want then you can try out the same:
    • Disabling web protection
    • Disabling http filtering in the advanced setup

If anyone is still having any issue after trying the above possible solution then let me know for further help.