Thread: There are Extra entries in Program Control for ZoneAlarm 6.5.731.000

There are Extra entries in Program Control for ZoneAlarm 6.5.731.000

I have been using ZoneAlarm free 6.5.731.000 for quite a week and today while checking the entries under Program ControI have found that there were some Extra entries, have tried deleting the ones containing "? ? ? ?" and so but then I wanted to know if others are getting the same or it is there only in my case, it is not appearing to be normal, is there anyone who can help?

Re: There are Extra entries in Program Control for ZoneAlarm 6.5.731.000

I have been using ZoneAlarm free 6.5.731.000 for quite a week and today while checking the entries under Program Control i have found that there were some Extra entries, have tried deleting the ones containing "? ? ? ?" and so but then I wanted to know if others are getting the same or it is there only in my case, it is not appearing to be normal, is there anyone who can help?
    Yes that is normal and I have been facing the same, I have found that when any application is started or opened which is not added to the Zone Alarm Programs list then they get added automatically no matter if they do not require request 'access' or not. Even if you delete them from the list then they will get added again when you start the applications.

I just wanted to know that have you noticed the same for all the application because my case appears to be different, I have been starting and closing a no of applications every day but then all the application does not appear in the Zone Alarm Programs list, the ones that I have been noticing is mostly from the internet/lan/wan and so?? What do you think about the same??

Sorry for not being that clear but then I just wanted to add that the applications or the programs that are added are the ones that are recognized by firewall, they will be added even if they are not asked for access, if you might have noticed then during the installation process we get an option so that to allow Zone Alarm to pre-configure 'safe' programs and this basically does the job of adding the application to the Programs List as per the permission when they are started, Hope now you have a better idea of the same.

Even I have faced the same and I have been checking out the list of programs under Application Control but then after installing the new version I have been facing problem in removing the entries, I have also found that some of the programs on that list are not on my machine as well, I mean that I have tried searching for the same in the location that I get but then they does not exist, and as you have said I have noticed that when I am removing the entries then they get disappear from the list but then when I click on the Application Control to check then they reappear, anyways I just wanted to know if there is a way to remove them??

As far as I am aware they should not be appearing again but then if they are, even after you all are removing them then there are possibilities that you ZoneAlarm database might have got corrupted, and in order to solve the same you will have to reset them and in order to do that go in to "tools" > "preferences" > "reset to default" and after that Reboot the machine, you can reset the ZoneAlarm in ZoneAlarm 10 I am not very sure about the version that you are having. If you are not having that option then you will have to try out reinstalling ZoneAlarm, just check out the same and see which possible solution is helping.