Thread: Zonealarm free installer is crashing

Zonealarm free installer is crashing

I have downloaded "zaSetupWeb_101_056_000.exe" and I was able to download it without any issues but then the problem that I am facing is that when I am trying to install the same then the installer crashes at 23%, I have tried out the installing process a no of times but then I am getting the same response, is there anyone who can help me out?

Re: Zonealarm free installer is crashing

I have downloaded "zaSetupWeb_101_056_000.exe" and I was able to download it without any issues but then the problem that I am facing is that when I am trying to install the same then the installer crashes at 23%, I have tried out the installing process a no of times but then I am getting the same response, is there anyone who can help me out?
    There are possibilities that you might have downloaded the corrupted files and if it is not that then some other Security Software that you might be having on your computer is locking the Zonealarm to get installed. I think that it will be better if you try to make a fresh download of the Zonealarm again from the below link:

Just check it out and see if it is helping.

Yes I am having AV Scanner (MSSE) on my system but then I don’t think that it is making any difference as of now I have just disabled it and have downloaded the ZoneAlarm Free Firewall from the above link that you have posted but then the issue is still the same, the installer is just crashing after reaching certain percent, what do you think can be the other possible cause of this issue?? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I had faced the same issue on my two machines from which one is running on Win 7 x64 SP1 and the other on Win XP SP3, actually I went through the automated upgrade and since then installing it with the configuration was getting crashed at 20% in my case, I had tried doing the same process a no of times but then no matter what I am doing I am getting the same issue again and again. Later when I tried installing the same in the safe mode then the installation process got completed without any failure, if you all want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you all as well or not.

I have not tried out the above solution but then I was having the same case and I had solved it out as well and it was that I was having 'ThreatFire' installed on my machine but then it was not enabled and even after that it was conflicting with the installation process, later after uninstalling 'ThreatFire' I was able to install ZoneAlarm Free without any issue, I am not very sure that you might be having the same case but then you can at least check it out. Best of luck.