Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

My Pen Drive and my system both are infected with Virus

Networking & Security

Old 17-02-2012

My Pen Drive and my system both are infected with Virus

I have Kingston 4GB usb drive. I had given that to my friend for sometime. When he returned I connected that to my system to copy some data. My antivirus just popped out a warning that there is a RECYCLER S-xxxxxx virus. And because my system is also infected. I am using free edition AVG antivirus. It is not updated. Does because the system is infected. I have seen in antivirus report that there are virus called as autorun, ramnit, sality, new heur, and they have shortcuts inside the usb drive. How to get rid of this.

Old 17-02-2012

Re: My Pen Drive and my system both are infected with Virus

In my views I will recommend you to use Norton Antivirus. This is one of the best antivirus for virus you had mentioned. There is a trail version available on internet just download and update it first. Then scan your system. I will recommend to run Full System scan. This will take hours to complete but it is worthy.
Old 17-02-2012

I think AVG free edition Antivirus is not enough good. Always scan your pen drive whenever you connect it. I am using Kaspersky Internet Security. It is a good antivirus. You can test it with trail version.
Old 17-02-2012

There is a tool called Repair USB Flash Drive 4.0.1.6. You can format the pen drive with it. Just install and try it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , ,