Thread: ZoneAlarm Free 10.1.079.000 is not asking for access while using any app for the first time

ZoneAlarm Free 10.1.079.000 is not asking for access while using any app for the first time

I have recently installed ZoneAlarm Free 10.1.079.000 on my machine running on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and the problem that I am facing is that the ZoneAlarm is not asking for inbound/outbound access for any app for the first time even though I have set the settings accordingly:
    • Smart Defense = Off
    • Application Control = High
    • Trusted Zone = High
    • Internet Zone = High
    • Microsoft Catalog Utilization = Off

Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

re: ZoneAlarm Free 10.1.079.000 is not asking for access while using any app for the first time

Before I suggest thing about the same I just wanted to know if you have tried out the below solutions:
    • Resetting it to the default settings
    • Uninstalling it and then reinstalling it.

If not then try out the same and then let me know what you get.

re: ZoneAlarm Free 10.1.079.000 is not asking for access while using any app for the first time

I have tried out the above solution but then it did not made any difference, I thought that uninstalling and then making a clean install of the same would be solving out the issue but then it did not. I also wanted to add that it is not asking for inbound/outbound access while using any app for the first time but then other than this I don’t know how come it is automatically placing green checks on its own, I am not getting any prompts for the same as well. I was not having this issue with 9.2.106.000 version, is there any other thing that I can try out???

I have found out that this is some kind of bug where it does not ask and se the random permission:

Even I am facing the same, in my case I have tried out the latest ZA Pro and it was working completely fine but then after switching to free version I have started facing the same issue, I have been trying to find out a solution for the same but then I have not yet got any success, even it seems like a bug to me but then I am not very sure about the same, if anyone finds a solution for it than please share it will be highly appreciated.