Thread: ZoneAlarm Free 10.1.079.000 is not updating automatically(No antiphishing)

ZoneAlarm Free 10.1.079.000 is not updating automatically(No antiphishing)

I have recently installed ZoneAlarm Free 10.1.079.000 and the problem I am facing is that the firewall does updates automatically, I able to find out arrow on the icon which says about the updating but then it does not, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well.

Re: ZoneAlarm Free 10.1.079.000 is not updating automatically(No antiphishing)

I have recently installed ZoneAlarm Free 10.1.079.000 and the problem I am facing is that the firewall does updates automatically, I able to find out arrow on the icon which says about the updating but then it does not, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well.
    First of I will like to inform you that ZoneAlarm Free has no Anti-Virus or Anti-Spyware and the arrow mark that you are talking about is not the updating but then it is basically update of the Anti-phishing signatures and Anti-Histerics signatures. You can check out the Anti-phishing in the below image.

I have checked out for the same now but then I am not able to find out the anti-phishing option, now I am really running out of ideas after seeing the above screenshot, is there any workaround that I can try out to solve this issue??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that the ZoneAlarm settings in you case might have got corrupted or you might have installed corrupted download of the same, I think that you should better try out resetting the settings and in order to do the same just follow the below steps:
    • First just press and hold the Ctrl and Shift keys at the same time and after that right click on the ZoneAlarm icon and after that just select the 'Reset' option from the box which you will get.
    • When you get any prompt further then just choose OK for restarting the computer and after that just follow the on screen instruction to complete the process.

Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you out.If the above does not help then you will have to try out uninstalling and then reinstalling the ZoneAlarm again, just check it out and see which possible solution is helping you.

I have tried out resetting the setting of the ZoneAlarm but then it did not made any difference anyways uninstalling and then reinstalling has included the Anti-Phishing now.