Thread: HP 6500 OfficeJet All In one Printer status gets changed to "Use printer offline" in Zonealarm log

HP 6500 OfficeJet All In one Printer status gets changed to "Use printer offline" in Zonealarm log

Hi friends I am using 2 desktop computer on LAN and I am using computer with HP 6500 OfficeJet All In one Printer. All the computer have windows Vista operating system and I have Zonealarm firewall 10.0.250.000 installed. Now problem is the printer status changes to "Use printer offline". What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: HP 6500 OfficeJet All In one Printer status gets changed to "Use printer offline" in Zonealarm log

First thing I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by upgrading the Zonealarm to 10.1.079.000 and aafter upgrading the Zonealarm to 10.1.079.000 you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. If you want to download Zonealarm 10.1.079.000 then you have to click here DOWNLOAD.

Re: HP 6500 OfficeJet All In one Printer status gets changed to "Use printer offline" in Zonealarm log

I would like to tell you that you should first open Zonealarm and then you have to open trusted Zone section and then you have to check whether printer, router and both the PC are added in the trusted Zone or not? If it is not then you have to correct the setting first and after correcting the setting you have to check whether your problem get solved or not?

I think after trying above solution your problem will get solved.

You have to open Zonealarm and then you have to check whether following files are added in firewall trusted application or not.

hpqkygrp.exe, located in C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin
    hpqscnvw.exe, located in C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin
    hpqste08.exe, located in C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin
    hpqtra08.exe, located in C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin
    hpqthb08.exe, located in C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin

if any of the above files are not added then you have to add it and then your problem will get solved.

I have already tried to solve this problem by upgrading the Zonealarm to 10.1.079.000 and after upgrading the Zonealarm to 10.1.079.000 also I am facing same problem. I have also check all the setting in the ZA trusted Zone but that does not make any difference. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Same thing happen with me also and first I thought that problem is with the Zonealarm setting but when I check the settings at that time all the things were proper. Now after that I have come to know that problem is with the printer installation and then I have uninstall full printer software package and then installed it again and then my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and then your problem might get solved.