Thread: Looking for a better Performance Reporter on my network

Looking for a better Performance Reporter on my network

I am using Performance Reporter tool on my network right. The tool helps me to get instant emails based on certain problem related to disk service time. I had a option to configure the same via command. It is possible to get text file of the results. And the same can be then imported to the SLA database. After reading something on the cli user guide I found that I can do a lot more in that. But I am not so good in the configuration settings. Any help or suggestions would help greatly. Are there any other tool also available for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Looking for a better Performance Reporter on my network

I am not sure about the exact config setup. There are no guides available for the same. I hope you can locate some good info over hp website. To configure the same properly it is first important to understand the variables used for the mail dispatch. So that you can have the kind of result you are looking for. Look in the admin guide. There are lots of thing explained in it.

I will recommend you to go for HP Reporter software. This is not just a single tool but a collection of tools who can help you to completely manage your network. It has tools like HP Operations Manager.. This tool helps you to find and trouble shoot under IT environment. You will have a number of consolidated monitoring tools. With other you can easily maintain a amount of quality in service and performance. I will recommend you to have a look on the official site about more detail. They provide a demo for the same which you can run and test. That will be a logical solution for your issue.

I know one more tool from HP, this called as Kardinia Performance Reporter. This is another network manager tool which can help you to generate reports for multiple errors packet drop rates, performance, etc. This is more functional tool. You must try this one.

It depends on what you want to do. If you just need to monitor your database, or control your IT environment. There are different tools used for each. Some of them will not be worthy to buy. Like HP SiteScope software, with this you can manage your IT infrastructure and application remotely. There is no need to add any software on the client machine. Another tool is HP Operations Agents which keeps a track of server fault and reduction in performance. There are number of option you can assign to this tool. I will recommend you to go for Operations Agents only. This tool is more easier.

You had not clearly mentioned what tool you are using. I am using HP 3PAR System Reporter Software. It is a very flexible tool to manage IT infrastructure. Just read more on the same.

There are tons of tools for this purpose. You do not need to rely on old methods. Many tools today are equipped with better interface and management. So the use of command is reduced to an extent. There are dedicated services which are available and offers you to perform a specific task. Prognosis Performance Reporter is one of them. The difference of this tool with other is that it gives you auto generated reports as per executive and planners. It uses Crystal reports and sql which is quiet common and easy to control. The support the tool offer is CPU utilization, CPU run queues, disk utilization, and memory usage.

I am using IBM Performance Reporter. It does not matter what tool you are using, but you must learn how to use it. There are admin guides which can be downloaded form internet as well as they come with this tools. Read them carefully.