Thread: Symantec Endpoint Protection versions cannot be updated on some PCs

Symantec Endpoint Protection versions cannot be updated on some PCs

I have completed with the installation of the SEP with the client and found that there are some of the computers which are not updating the versions. The stating install starts with the 11.6 and after that it goes to 11.7 but some of the PC are just not getting updated. This is really very frustrating. I was wondering that what ca n be the reason for this. All the PC’s are having the Windows XP and SP2/SP3 installed in that. I have updated the virus contents and so there is no problem from this side. If you have some idea regarding this then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies for this.

Re: Symantec Endpoint Protection versions cannot be updated on some PCs

Are you referring to the client upgrade? What you can do is, just pass on the sylink.log as of one of the client. By the way, how are you upgrading them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhesa View Post
    Are you referring to the client upgrade? What you can do is, just pass on the sylink.log as of one of the client. By the way, how are you upgrading them?
    Thank you so much for your reply for this. Yes, I am talking about the client upgrade. As far as upgrade is concerned, I have upgraded with the help of the SEPM and others, I have done that manually by running the setup.exe. Where can I get the sylink.log?

My suggestion to you is to install the package on any of the one machine and then you will be able to test that locally. There is no need to install that again. This is just my suggestion to you and I wish that this will be helpful to you.

There are two things that you can do for this and see if that can help you to get the problem resolved or not.

You will have to disable the simple file sharing for these machines and after that you can deploy the package. One thing to keep in mind is that you have kept the port 143 is open. I am saying this because it is getting used in the deployment purposes.

OR

You can install the Setup exe locally if that is upgrading. Get the cleanwipe as of Support and after that run that on the computer that is having problem. Install Sep / Push the package. You should not run the clean wipe on servers.

There are some of the most import ant things that you must check in such cases. See to it that whether you have enabled the services like RPC. Network, server and workstation.