Thread: Is it possible to check client Policy number on SEPM console without logging in??

Is it possible to check client Policy number on SEPM console without logging in??

I wanted to know if it is possible to check client Policy number on Symantec Endpoint Protection console without logging in as I was willing to inform some staff members regarding comparing policy number which is on the SEPM with the client PC but then they are not having access to the SEPM console, is there any who can suggest me some solution regarding the same if it is possible??

Re: Is it possible to check client Policy number on SEPM console without logging in??

I wanted to know if it is possible to check client Policy number on Symantec Endpoint Protection console without logging in as I was willing to inform some staff members regarding comparing policy number which is on the SEPM with the client PC but then they are not having access to the SEPM console, is there any who can suggest me some solution regarding the same if it is possible??
    You can follow the below solution for checking the policy number at the client side:
    • First start the sepm and then select the View logs button and after that select the System Log
    • Now from the main menu select Filter and then select Show All Logs
    • After this just check out the most recent entry which will be labeled as "Applied new policy with serial number..."
    • Now you can just compare the serial number with the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console serial number.

Just check it out and see if it is helping.

Re: Is it possible to check client Policy number on SEPM console without logging in??

If you want then you can try out the alternate method as well, if you want then you can just choose Help & Support then Troubleshooting which will be in the Symantec Endpoint Protection client and after that in the Management pane check out the Policy Serial Number, you can also refer to the below article for more help:

I think that I have better idea, if you are willing to check client Policy number on SEPM console without logging in then you can just use the path Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\data\outbox\agent\XXXXXXXXX\ and after that just check out the index.xml file. I also wanted to add that XXXXXXXXX\ here is the group ID, just try it out and see if it is helping.