Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-02-2012

ZoneAlarm detected ROC_roc_dec12.exe threat

Hello everyone, last night when I was trying to access the internet then I started getting some message from ZoneAlarm saying that:” ROC_roc_dec12.exe file is trying to access the internet”. I don’t what is this ROC_roc_dec12.exe file. Is this some kind of a virus or something else? Can anyone give me some information about this file? I am using AVG antivirus 2012.
Old 14-02-2012

Re: ZoneAlarm detected ROC_roc_dec12.exe threat

ROC_roc_dec12.exe is safe file and you don’t need to remove this file. This file is actually used by AVG for Searching malwares on your pc and it usually belongs to the AVG Secure Search results and nothing else. So you dont need to worry about this file. You can simply ignore the message that you are getting and continue to your web surfing.
Old 14-02-2012

I also used to get this message whenever I turned on the AVG antivirus on my system. To solve this issue I have disabled the ROC_roc_dec12.exe from startup program and after that I not getting the message again. You can also disable ROC_roc_dec12.exe from startup through msconfig program. To do that click on Start and then in Run type msconfig and press the ok button. Now you will get the system configure utility and under that go to the startup programs and then disable the ROC_roc_dec12.exe.
Old 14-02-2012

To remove the ROC_roc_dec12.exe file from your system you can follow this method. First open command prompt and after that type the below command in your command prompt:
Quote:
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "ROC_roc_dec12" /f
reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "ROC_roc_dec12" /f
Old 14-02-2012

I am using Mozilla Firefox and every time when I open the browser I get this message. I have disabled AVG antivirus itself but then also I am getting the same issue. I have followed the above solutions precisely but still nothing seems to be working for me. It worked actually first time but after I restarted my computer I again started getting the same message. Kindly help me out.
Old 14-02-2012

First of all open Firefox browser and then type "about:config" on the url address bar and then Enter key. If asked, confirm that you want to continue to the settings page. Now here type: browser.search.defaultenginename on filter field and then double click on the browser.search.defaultenginename. After that type the different search provider name of AVG Secure Search and remove it. Once you done this then save the setting and restart Firefox.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,