Thread: Is it possible to update "Live update Administrator" for SEPM's to latest version?

Is it possible to update "Live update Administrator" for SEPM's to latest version?

I am willing to try out Symantec Endpoint Protection for my machine but then I just wanted to know that is Is it possible to update "Live update Administrator" for SEPM's to latest version, I have been asking the same in a no of forum but then I have got varying answers, is there anyone who has a complete idea about it and can clear my doubts??

Re: Is it possible to update "Live update Administrator" for SEPM's to latest version?

I am willing to try out Symantec Endpoint Protection for my machine but then I just wanted to know that is Is it possible to update "Live update Administrator" for SEPM's to latest version, I have been asking the same in a no of forum but then I have got varying answers, is there anyone who has a complete idea about it and can clear my doubts??
    I think that you should better check out the below article:

Re: Is it possible to update "Live update Administrator" for SEPM's to latest version?

As far as I am aware you can very well update to the latest version 2.3.x on the box but then for that you will have to configure the settings, you can just follow the below article for the same:

Hope that helps.

Even I need some help regarding the same, I was using Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 before and I have recently updated to 12.1 and the problem in my case is that the Live update administrator is not working now after updating to 12.1 . so I just wanted to know if I will be able to migrate the LiveUpdate Administrator (LUA) 2.2 to 2.3 like I have done for the Symantec Endpoint Protection or I will have to simply uninstall the previous version and after that install the latest version of it, is there anyone who can help me out with my doubts as well??

As far as I am aware you will have to uninstall the older version of LiveUpdate Administrator and after that install the new one and after installing it you will be able to configure it and then download the Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1, Hope that helps.

Yes even I was going to suggest the same and I think that it will be quite better if you will remove the older version of LiveUpdate Administrator and after that install the new one but then while going for that make sure that you are taking backup of the folder which will be in
    programfiles/symantec/SymantecLiveupdateAdministrator
    This folder will help you in restoring the updates by now and later you can pull them out as well.

Is there anyone who can help me as well??? I have been trying to install the LiveUpdate Administrator for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 in another server but then I am getting the below error message.