Thread: Getting error 1308 while upgrading Symantec endpoint protection

Getting error 1308 while upgrading Symantec endpoint protection

Hello friends, I was trying to upgrade to 12.1 RU1 then it was giving me Error: 1308, which are have two options retry and cancel, so I have chosen retry then also it pop ups with the same error. If I click on the cancel then the installation stops. Well the package is been created from the SEPM. So does anyone have come across with the same error and how to fix it? Please help me. Thank you.

Re: Getting error 1308 while upgrading Symantec endpoint protection

I think you should read the article of the Microsoft which might having the information about the Error and it is having the solution to solve it, so you better read it and try the method which is been mentioned over there.

"Error 1308: Source File Not Found" error message when you update your client computer to Office 2000 SR1/1a

Even you can try the above link and even you try the below method,

• Go to Symantec endpoint protection manager,
    • Open the Symantec Endpoint Protection installation CD,
    • Then go to \SEPM\Packages.
    • Copy the package files (.dat and .info) from the CD to \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\packages.
    • Then you go to \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\, and double-click upgrade.bat.
    • Now run the Client Deployment Wizard to deploy the packages to clients.

You will be able to find these entire steps package in the SEPM and also export Package from SEPM and deploy on clients or use Auto upgrade from the below link.

Upgrading Symantec Endpoint Protection clients by using Auto-Upgrade

The package which you are trying to work as expected, when I have created from the SEPM and run it on locally on the client. But it was working proper and also better but problem occur when copy it to DFSR and it replicate for few days which will ensure the sites are covered. If I try to copy it locally and run then also getting the same error. I have not run the MSI but had run the setup.exe.

I would say that you better check on client workstation that the BASH driver startup type is been set on your system. You go to Computer Management then in that go to Device Manager and select the Non plug and play drivers in which you will be having BHDrvx86 select that and go to the Properties and go to Drivers Tab, in that check Startup Type is been selected System or not, if not then you better select it and Click Ok. If you are not able to view in Non plug and play drives then you enable show hidden devices, which might show it.