Thread: How to change scheduled scan for certain users in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

How to change scheduled scan for certain users in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

I am having SEPM 12.1 installed on my computer and I am also having SEP 11.06x windows xp client as well, actually in my group there are a no of group in my console SEPM and the scan starts actually on Thursdays at 12 hr and now I am willing to change the same for more than 200 users, so I just wanted to know that which will be the best way to change the scheduled scan for certain users, is there anyone who can try it out??

Re: How to change scheduled scan for certain users in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

I am having SEPM 12.1 installed on my computer and I am also having SEP 11.06x windows xp client as well, actually in my group there are a no of group in my console SEPM and the scan starts actually on Thursdays at 12 hr and now I am willing to change the same for more than 200 users, so I just wanted to know that which will be the best way to change the scheduled scan for certain users, is there anyone who can try it out??
    I think that you can try out the below solution:
    • First make a new Scheduled scan policy for a single group and after that name it as “first test” or something like that along with the time that you are willing to schedule.
    • After this just move other the other machines to this group and test them if they are scanning on the scheduled time.
    • If this works then you can move all the machines to group naming “first test” and later you can rename it in the Sepm 12.1. Just check it out and see if it is helping.

Re: How to change scheduled scan for certain users in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

I thought of trying out the same but then the issue in my case is that I am having a lot of users where I have to just change the scheduled full scan and search for script as well, I am having more than 200 SEP 11.x clients and there are 20 groups as well where as all the clients are in different groups, so is there any solution for that??

As far as I am aware here in SEPM you can apply the policies in group level and even in Location level as well, so according to what you are willing to try you will have to either create a separate group or create a location for the system accordingly. I also wanted to share that the policies can be applied to groups, so you will have to put all the group in to a group which will be having policy for scheduled scan. Hope that helps.