Thread: Symantec Endpoint Protection is having latest definition but shows out of date

Symantec Endpoint Protection is having latest definition but shows out of date

I have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection in my system and the problem is that the console is having a latest definition but then it is showing out of date, you can just go through the attachment of home page, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Symantec Endpoint Protection is having latest definition but shows out of date

I have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection in my system and the problem is that the console is having a latest definition but then it is showing out of date, you can just go through the attachment of home page, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    I will suggest you to better check out the communication between SEP client and Server and it should be “telnet Server ip 8014”, if you are getting success with the telnet then check out the client status and see if it is green or not, just check out the same and then let me know what you get.

Re: Symantec Endpoint Protection is having latest definition but shows out of date

You can also check out in the Preference and let me know what is mentioned as Out of Date, there are possibilities that the SEPM might have got updated where as the rest of the clients might be having the same date definition, I think that the older version as well as the rest of the client will be getting updated later.

I am not very sure but then just check out the Out of Date – 224 and just check out the generated report and see which client is having the Old definitions, also select any one of the List and check if the Reports are correct on the client machine, you can also refer to the below article for further help.

If you are still getting the wrong report then you fill have to repair the SEPM to fix out the issues, just see which possible solution is helping you out.

One more thing that you can try out as well is just change the date preferences on the Home page which will be aside to the security Status ad after that just click on the preferences, here the date will be in the DDMMYY format by default so just change the same to MMDDYY and see if it is making any difference.

Thanks to you all for your solution but then when I am clicking on the Out of Date – 224 then it is showing the old update in the home tab where as the clients machines are appearing to be up to date, I don’t know what is the issue all about and why the home page is appearing to be out if date??? Is there any solution that I can try out? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.