Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Downloaded the trial version of PC TUNEUP with Virus attached?

Networking & Security

Old 13-02-2012

Arrow Downloaded the trial version of PC TUNEUP with Virus attached?

Hi friends, yesterday I have downloaded the trial version of PC TUNEUP and installed it in my laptop. Now the error message displays on my laptop screen that “Hard drive critical error, hard drive clusters are partly damaged, segment load failure” So PC TUNEUP asks to scan the hard disc with 74 dollars of Authorized Version of PC TUNEUP this is annoying. So I think that I have downloaded the trial version of PC TUNEUP with Virus attached. What you think?? Advice would be very welcome please.

Old 13-02-2012

Re: Downloaded the trial version of PC TUNEUP with Virus attached?

I am having similar problem with the trial version of PC TUNEUP. I have installed trial version of PC TUNEUP in my computer. After some days my computer displays same error message and prompt me to scan my computer using paid version of PC TUNEUP. This is not acceptable. I am totally disappointed with this problem. Now I am unable to open some files. All desktop shortcuts are also missing except recycle bin. So scan my computer with the AVG antivirus. But nothing detected in this antivirus. I also think that I have downloaded the trial version of PC TUNEUP with Virus attached. Please help me to solve this problem.
Old 13-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleem's View Post
I am having similar problem with the trial version of PC TUNEUP. I have installed trial version of PC TUNEUP in my computer. After some days my computer displays same error message and prompt me to scan my computer using paid version of PC TUNEUP. This is not acceptable. I am totally disappointed with this problem. Now I am unable to open some files. All desktop shortcuts are also missing except recycle bin. So scan my computer with the AVG antivirus. But nothing detected in this antivirus. I also think that I have downloaded the trial version of PC TUNEUP with Virus attached. Please help me to solve this problem.
I think that this is not infection problem. It looks like hardware problem. So perform these tasks and reply with the results.
1. Memory test result.
2. Check hard drive using Gmer scan results
3. Msinfo output
4. AVG Anti-Virus scan results
This will help me to solve your problem.
Old 13-02-2012

I think you have to perform registry restore. After this your laptop will work fine. Also perform hard drive check as well as memory test.
Old 13-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaryan2011 View Post
I think you have to perform registry restore. After this your laptop will work fine. Also perform hard drive check as well as memory test.
Thank for the solution. I perform registry restore in my laptop. Now my computer is working fine. But according to me the trial version of PC TUNEUP is not good and not suggested to install in your laptop. I am totally disappointed with this software.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , ,