Thread: Toolbar_log.txt file is getting bigger after installing AVG 2011 Free Edition

Toolbar_log.txt file is getting bigger after installing AVG 2011 Free Edition

I had installed AVG 2011 Free Edition last week and every things was working fine but then today the RamDisk is lack of storage space as the "Toolbar_log.txt" file size has increased a lot and I have found that the logfile is bust writing the below lines:
    CIEApproveExtension::EnumWindowsProc: Start ||
    CIEApproveExtension::EnumWindowsProc: End ||

The size of the logfile is going on increasing until I am not ending the vprot.exe, I don’t know what has went wrong with the system but then I just remember that the last changes I made to it was installing avg, is there anyone who has an idea about this??

Re: Toolbar_log.txt file is getting bigger after installing AVG 2011 Free Edition

I am not very sure about your case but then even I had faced the large file generation issue previously and at that time just rebooting the machine has stopped it growing, if you have not tried it yet then try it out and then let me know if it is helping you as well or not.

Re: Toolbar_log.txt file is getting bigger after installing AVG 2011 Free Edition

I have been trying to follow the same, I mean that I had deleted the log file and after that I had restarted the machine as well but then in my case it is not making any difference as the file is getting regenerated and it continuing to grow as well, I am really running out if ideas is there anyone who can help me out in stopping it?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I had installed AVG 2011 Free Edition last week and every things was working fine but then today the RamDisk is lack of storage space as the "Toolbar_log.txt" file size has increased a lot and I have found that the logfile is bust writing the below lines:
    CIEApproveExtension::EnumWindowsProc: Start ||
    CIEApproveExtension::EnumWindowsProc: End ||
    The size of the logfile is going on increasing until I am not ending the vprot.exe, I don’t know what has went wrong with the system but then I just remember that the last changes I made to it was installing avg, is there anyone who has an idea about this??
    I have checked out for the same and I have found one mentioning that the this issue gets solved if the toolbar_log.txt file is deleted and if regenerates then you can just right click toolbar_log.txt and check mark the "read only" box and after that it won’t grow, just check it out and then let me know what you get.

I had this problem and the only way to fix this is to remove the AVG Toolbar program and then delete the (Toolbar_log.txt) file from your computer. That will usually free up gigs of space

You can also try to replace the toolbar_log.txt file and see if that helps, follow the below method:
    1. First of all try to make new file one *.txt and rename to toolbar_log
    2. After that you need to left click on toolbar_log.txt, then right click in properties
    3. Now you can try to tick the box "read only" and apply
    4. After that you have to copy paste in folder and replace file, it now stops growing and have 0 kb.
    5. Now you can try to disable AVG toolbar in your browser and everything will be fine.

My computer runs much better without the AVG Toolbar program. It is stupid to keep it, modify a file associated with it, than disable the program, instead of just getting rid of it! Uninstall the AVG Toolbar program Its a Virus!