Thread: Websites Blocking due to AVG Isearch

Websites Blocking due to AVG Isearch

Hello I have installed the AVG antivirus on mine system and recently I have found some of the trusty websites are now unavailable and I am getting the message saying that:” 'Oops not found”. I have also found the on address bar starting with //Isearch….. I don’t why this occurring. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Websites Blocking due to AVG Isearch

Hello even I have also facing the same issue. I am using the Mozilla Firefox and along with the Google Chrome. When I try to access any website I have got the error message from AVG saying that:” not found” and the address bar start with Isearch. I have tried this same website on the other computer and mine website not blocked and I dint even got the message.

To solve this issue you need to go through the below steps on your AVG and to do this open the antivirus. Now on AVG make click on the Internet options and after that select the Search settings. Now on the Search settings make uncheck mark on the Search in address bar check box and after that save the setting and then go through your issue.

Ok you need to go through the below steps to solve this issue. First open the Firefox and under that type: about:config and then click on the enter button. Now here make click on the I will be careful, I promise button and after that type: keyword.URL in filter text box and click on the enter key. Now on the result make double click on the keyword.URL and after that type the value as: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q= now once you done and after that save the setting and then restart the Firefox.

If above all steps not working to solve your issue and then I would like to suggest you to make uninstall AVG search bar on your browser and after that you won’t get the Isearch on address bar and you can access the all website. Even I have faced the same issue and after that I have just changed mine search engine to Google and mine issue get solved.