Thread: AVG 2012 is not removing webbarsearch page redirecting virus

AVG 2012 is not removing webbarsearch page redirecting virus

I am running windows XP on my machine and I am have installed AVG 2012.0.1913 and the problem is that I have ran a full scan a no if times but then it is not detecting any infections but then In my case the Webbarsearch.com has taken over my firefox browser, is there anyone who can help me in solving out this issue??

Re: AVG 2012 is not removing webbarsearch page redirecting virus

I am running windows XP on my machine and I am have installed AVG 2012.0.1913 and the problem is that I have ran a full scan a no if times but then it is not detecting any infections but then In my case the Webbarsearch.com has taken over my firefox browser, is there anyone who can help me in solving out this issue??
    I will suggest you to provide me with the below information:
    1. Gmer scan result
    2. Msinfo output
    3. AVG Anti-Virus scan result

So that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

I think that you should better try out resetting your browser proxy settings and in order to do so just follow the below steps:
    • First Open Firefox and then click on the menu and then Select Options > Options and after that just Click on the Advanced icon and then Click on the Network tab.
    • After that click on the Settings and then just select the “No proxy” and then save the changes and close the Options window as well.

Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping.

I have tried following you solution but then in my case the proxy settings is appearing to be unmodified,I have tried deleting the previous cookies as well as the bookmarks and all but then it did not made any difference and I am still having the same issue, is there any other thing that I can try out to get rid of this issue?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

You should check out the DNS settings and in order to do so just go in to Control Panel - Network adapter properties and then select the active adapter and then right click on the same and click on Properties and then choose the Internet protocol version 4, here if the Settings are not specified "Obtain DNS server address automatically". You should check out the same for Internet protocol version 6 if at all it is installed. Just check it out and see if these settings are proper.