Thread: AVG Anti-Virus Free 2010 is not detecting Trojan Horse Backdoor.Hupigon5.CBQU Virus

AVG Anti-Virus Free 2010 is not detecting Trojan Horse Backdoor.Hupigon5.CBQU Virus

I had installed the AVG Anti-Virus Free 2010 last week but then today when I started the computer and went to access the itunes then there was an AVG virus detection and it said that the itunes was infected by the Backdoor.Hupigon5.CBQU and it was not allowing me to open the same, when I ran full scan then it said that there was no virus detection, later when uninstalled the itunes and then reinstalled it then it again detect the virus but then when I entered the virus database which is in the Advanced Settings then there was no virus detection, I am really running out if ideas whether there is a virus in my system or not, is there anyone who has faced such situation and has an idea about it??

Re: AVG Anti-Virus Free 2010 is not detecting Trojan Horse Backdoor.Hupigon5.CBQU Virus

I had installed the AVG Anti-Virus Free 2010 last week but then today when I started the computer and went to access the itunes then there was an AVG virus detection and it said that the itunes was infected by the Backdoor.Hupigon5.CBQU and it was not allowing me to open the same, when I ran full scan then it said that there was no virus detection, later when uninstalled the itunes and then reinstalled it then it again detect the virus but then when I entered the virus database which is in the Advanced Settings then there was no virus detection, I am really running out if ideas whether there is a virus in my system or not, is there anyone who has faced such situation and has an idea about it??
    I am facing the same issue after updating the itunes to 10.5.3, I was not having any such problem but then after updating the itunes the avg reported that the itunes was infected by Trojan Horse Backdoor.Hupigon5.CBQU Virus, I am getting the same response from the avg as that of you, I have tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it a no of times but then the issue is still the same, I have been trying to find out a solution to get rid of this error but then I did not had any luck, is there anyone who can help me out as well??

Re: AVG Anti-Virus Free 2010 is not detecting Trojan Horse Backdoor.Hupigon5.CBQU Virus

I was going through the same situation but then trying out a no of solution since yesterday I have solved it out somehow, this is what I had done and even you can try out the same:
    • First uninstall the itunes and after that search out for the files and folders of the itunes and move them to recycle bin but don’t delete them.
    • After that just download and install CCleaner, when you will open it then just click on the REGISTRY tool and select the scan for issues option and when the process gets over then click on fix all selected issues option.
    • When you are done with the above steps then install the itunes again and then move the folder back to their place from the recycle bin.

Hope that helps.

If you want to get rid of that constant erroneous error messages then you can just go in to Tools > Advanced settings and then just Expand Resident Shield > Exceptions > Add Path > and after that just browse to the iTunes program folder and then just add it as an exception and you are done, you won’t get the same Trojan Horse Backdoor.Hupigon5.CBQU Virus report again, just try it out.