Thread: Google Chrome Plug In is Crashing after installing AVG 2012 Free Edition

Google Chrome Plug In is Crashing after installing AVG 2012 Free Edition

I have installed AVG 2012 Free Edition yesterday on my computer which is running on windows xp and the problem that I am facing is that when I am using Google Chrome as my default browser and when I am opening any search engine or other site like Facebook and all then I am getting a "crash handler" message says that the AVG antivirus plug in has crashed, I really want to get rid of this, is there anyone who can help me with the same??

Re: Google Chrome Plug In is Crashing after installing AVG 2012 Free Edition

I have installed AVG 2012 Free Edition yesterday on my computer which is running on windows xp and the problem that I am facing is that when I am using Google Chrome as my default browser and when I am opening any search engine or other site like Facebook and all then I am getting a "crash handler" message says that the AVG antivirus plug in has crashed, I really want to get rid of this, is there anyone who can help me with the same??
    In that case I will suggest you to post the screen shot of the page where you are getting the error so I can have a better idea about the issue that you are facing. Other than this also provides me the Process Crash Dump and in order to create it follow the below steps:
    • First press the Windows logo key+R. and after that enter “drwtsn32” without quotes and then click on ok and after that you will get a Dr. Watson for Windows page, so just note down the path along with the Crash dump captions, in the same section there will be drwtsn32.log and user.dmp files.
    • Make sure that you are selecting the Full option as the Crash dump type and after that click on ok and then again press the Windows logo key+R. and then type “drwtsn32 –I” without the quotes and then click on ok and after that you will get an information saying that the default debugger is registered and so, so jus reboot the machine.

When you are done with the same then attach the log here for further help.

I have compressed and attached the screen shot below with the log:
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have checked it out and I have found that you are having teatimer part of Spybot enabled and there are possibilities that it might be conflicting with the avg so first disable it and after that do a repair installation of AVG and make sure that you are installing the below one:

I think that this will solve the issue, just perform the same and then let me know what you get, Best of luck.