Thread: Getting message “AVG PC Tuneup 2011 Has Stopped Working” during boot up

Getting message “AVG PC Tuneup 2011 Has Stopped Working” during boot up

I am running windows Vista Home Premium (SP2) in my system and I had installed PC Tune Up as well and everything was working fine by now but then the problem that I am having now is that whenever I am booting the machine then I am getting a message saying “PC Tuneup 2011 Has Stopped Working Message”. There is no problem when I am ignoring the error message and then using PC Tune Up but then I want to get rid of the error message, in my case I am having version 10.0.0.26, is there anyone who can help me out??

re: Getting message “AVG PC Tuneup 2011 Has Stopped Working” during boot up

I am running windows Vista Home Premium (SP2) in my system and I had installed PC Tune Up as well and everything was working fine by now but then the problem that I am having now is that whenever I am booting the machine then I am getting a message saying “PC Tuneup 2011 Has Stopped Working Message”. There is no problem when I am ignoring the error message and then using PC Tune Up but then I want to get rid of the error message, in my case I am having version 10.0.0.26, is there anyone who can help me out??
    I will suggest you to uninstall the AVG PC Tuneup and then make a clean install of the latest installer version (10.0.0.27) and see if you are again getting the same error message or the issue is getting solved, just try it out and then let me know what you get.

I have tried following your solution but then even after uninstalling the AVG PC Tuneup and then reinstalling the same has not helped, I am still getting the same error message during boot up, is there any other thing that I can try out to get rid of this error message, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that you should create A Process Crash Dump and post the dmp file so that I can have an better idea of the issue that you are facing, in order to create Process Crash Dump follow the below steps:
    • First just download and then install Debugging Tools for Windows 32-bit or 64-bit version and after that run the same.

• After the installation is completed just open the cmd and make sure that you are running it as an admin and then enter the below commands:
      "C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg.exe" -I
      Reboot the machine after the default debugger is registered and then just create a temporary folder in C: drive and regain the crash again and after that when you get a WinDbg console then type the below command as it is;
      .dump /ma C:\temp\crash.dmp

After this a crash.dmp dump file will be generated so just compress it and post it here.

I am trying to do the same but then when I am installing the Debugging Tools for Windows then the installation process is getting failed, I have tried installing several times but then it is not making any difference and the installation process keeps failing, what should I do know??